|Elevation||3 m (10 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 4373|
Madukkur (மதுக்கூர்) is a Panchayat town in Thanjavur District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is a small town (city) situated in southern part of Tamil Nadu. It is 11 km from Pattukkottai and 15 km from Adirampattinam It is surrounded with number of villages. Being in the Cauvery River Delta Area the inhabitants’ main occupation is agriculture.
As of 2001[update] India census, Madukkur had a population of 15,171. Males constitute 47% of the population and females 53%. Madukkur has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 67%. In Madukkur, 12% of the population is under 6 years.
- Government Boys Higher Secondary School
- Government Girls Higher Secondary School
- Ramambalpuram PUMS School
- Fathima Mariam Higher Secondary School
- Gandhi Matric Higher Secondary School
- Ar Rahman Nursery and Primary School
- Sandhapettai Government School
- E.H. Hema Nursery and Primary School
- Little Flower Nursery and Primary School
- The Western Matriculation School
- Church Park Nursery & Primary School
- Theresa Nursery & Primary School
- PK Street PUMS School
- chetty theru government school
- Oorachi Ondriya Thodaka Palli (Sun Gardan)
- Oorachi ondriya Thodaka Palli (Edaiyakkadu)
- ooratchi ondriya thodakka palli (padappaikkadu)
- LVR Nursery & Primary School
- Silver Birds Nursery & Primary School
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Kumbakonam Mutual Benefit Fund Ltd
- City Union Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- State Bank of India
- cooperative bank
There are 33 villages in the Madukkur Block. Among them the following are the important villages:
About Madukkur Block
Madukkur is a Block located in Thanjavur district in Tamil Nadu. Located in rural part of Tamil Nadu, it is one of the 14 blocks of Thanjavur district. According to the government records, the block code of Madukkur is 232. The block has 46 villages and there are total 18484 houses in this Block.
Population of Madukkur Block
As per Census 2011, Madukkur's population is 67113. Out of this, 31414 are males while the females count 35699 here. This block has 6393 children in the age group of 0-6 years. Out of this 3292 are boys and 3101 are girls.
Literacy rate of Madukkur Block
Literacy rate in Madukkur block is 69%. 46528 out of total 67113 population is literate here. In males the literacy rate is 75% as 23801 males out of total 31414 are educated however female literacy rate is 63% as 22727 out of total 35699 females are literate in this Block. The Negative side is that illiteracy rate of Madukkur block is 30%. Here 20585 out of total 67113 persons are illiterate. Male illiteracy rate here is 24% as 7613 males out of total 31414 are illiterate. Among the females the illiteracy rate is 36% and 12972 out of total 35699 females are illiterate in this block.
Agricultural status of Madukkur Block
The number of working person of Madukkur block is 30030 still 37083 are non-working. And out of 30030 employed person 5908 individuals are entirely dependent on cultivation.
Karuppur was recently selected as the Best Panchayat Village by the TN Govt. There weekly fair at Madukkur on Tuesday.
There is a Coconut Research Station at Veppangulam which is run by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore .
Karthik ninaivaga 7 killer B madukkur north is the best team in pattukkottai taluk.
- Pattukkottai to Kumbakonam
- Pattukkottai to Mannargudi
- Mannargudi to Adirampattinam
- papanadu to perugavalnthan
- Pattukottai to Kalyanaodai
- MADUKKUR to THANJAVUR
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Madukkur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.