This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Learning Shines with Righteousness"|
|Type||Tamil Nadu State Government aided|
|Affiliations||UGC, Madurai Kamaraj University|
The Madura College (Autonomous) is one of the oldest academic institutions in Madurai, India with 125+ years of service. In 1880, a college department was added to the Zilla School that was established in 1856
Alumni Association managed by MCAA.
|Undergraduate Courses||Post-graduate Courses||M.Phil||Research Centre (Ph.D)|
Self - Financing Courses
|Undergraduate Courses||Post-graduate Courses||M.Phil||Research Center (Ph.D)|
- Computer Science
- Commerce (including PA, Banking and Insurance)
- Information Technology
- National Service Scheme
- National Cadet Crops
- Youth Red Cross
- Red Ribbon Club
- Adult Education and Extension Programme
- Physical Education
Examination of Madura College is controlled by the Examination Section (Office of the Controller of Examinations).
- Choice Based Credit System is followed as per TANSCHE norms.
- Students are evaluated based on their performance in continuous internal assessment and end-semester examinations.
- Recommendation for award of degree from Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Each course is evaluated for 100 marks. Continuous Internal Assessment and End semester Exams are weighted 25 and 75 marks respectively.
- Tests, assignment, seminar/quiz, attendance are the various components of the continuous internal assessment.
- Double valuation is followed for UG, PG and M.Phil. in the End-Semester Examination, one by an Internal Examiner and the other by an External Examiner. If the difference between the two valuations differs by more than 15%, the paper is sent for third valuation and the average of the two nearest marks is awarded to the student. If the difference is less than 15%, the average of the two marks is awarded to the student.
- Students have a facility for revaluation after the publication of results in every semester. The paper is valued by a single external examiner. The higher of the marks obtained in revaluation and the mark obtained in the original valuation is awarded to the student.
- Students who have completed the programme (three years in UG and two years in PG) with outstanding arrears have a provision for Supplementary Examination. Students who have Reappearance in any number of courses in final semester and in a maximum of one paper in all the other semesters are eligible for appearing in supplementary examination. The valuation is done by a single external examiner and the mark obtained in the valuation is awarded to the student.
- A Statement of Marks with several security features are issued to students.
With 125+ years of Service, The Madura College have long standing Alumni Association (a.k.a. Madura College Old Boys Association) Notable Alumnus of Madura College:
- Sri T.S. Rajam