|Mae Avila D'Agostino|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York|
March 30, 2011
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Frederick Scullin|
December 18, 1954 |
Albany, New York
|Education||Siena College B.A.
Syracuse University College of Law J.D.
Mae Avila D'Agostino (born December 18, 1954) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York. She was formerly an attorney in Albany County, New York.
Early life and education
D'Agostino was born on December 18, 1954, in Albany, New York. D'Agostino received a Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Siena College in 1977 and a Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 1980. D'Agostino practiced law in the Albany area, and was a partner in the firm of D'Agostino , Krackeler & Maguire, which focused on representing doctors, hospital and insurance companies in medical malpractice cases.
Federal judicial service
On June 23, 2010, Senator Chuck Schumer recommended D'Agostino to fill a vacancy on the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York. On September 29, 2010, President Barack Obama formally nominated her to the Northern District of New York. On March 28, 2011, the Senate confirmed her nomination by a vote of 88 ayes to 0 nays and she received her commission on March 30, 2011.
- Mae A. D'Agostino - Lawyer Profile, Martindale.
- President Obama Names Two to the United States District Court, whitehouse.gov (September 29, 2010).
- "D'Agostino, Mae Avila - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- Carol Demare, 'Fresh voice' for U.S. bench, Times Union (June 24, 2010).
- Carol Demare, D'Agostino gets nod for federal judgeship, Times Union (September 29, 2010).
- "U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress - 1st Session". www.senate.gov.
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York