Mae Sot Airport
Mae Sot International Airport
|Operator||Department of Airports|
|Serves||Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand|
Myawaddy, Kayin, Myanmar
|Location||Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand|
|Elevation AMSL||690 ft / 210 m|
Mae Sot Airport (Thai: ท่าอากาศยานแม่สอด) (IATA: MAQ, ICAO: VTPM) is an international airport serving Mae Sot, a town in Tak Province in Thailand. Currently, it is connected to two domestic destinations. Nok Air started the first international commercial operations from Mae Sot to Yangon in October 2017, but service to Yangon stopped in January 2018. Wisdom Airlines started with a 12 seater Cessna Grand Caravan a bi weekly return flight to Chiang Mai international airport from Mae Sot (Mondays and Saturdays).
A new passengers terminal opened April 4, 2019. It will serve 1,7 million passengers / year, instead of 170,000 with the old terminal.
The expansion of Mae Sot's runway is to be complete in 2019. Thai AirAsia will add the Mae Sot destination soon after Mae Sot's runway expansion is complete and suitable for its Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airlines and destinations
|Nok Air||Bangkok–Don Mueang|
- Airport information for VTPM at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for MAQ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Mae Sot International to open by end 2018". 3. 2018-09-03. Retrieved 2019-05-04.
- โครงการปรับปรุงขยายท่าอากาศยานแม่สอด (in Thai)
- ไทยแอร์เอเชียจี้รัฐขยายสนามบินเมืองรอง. ครอบครัวข่าว 3 (in Thai). 2017-12-12. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- Mae Sot travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Current weather for VTPM at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MAQ at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for MAQ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about a Thai airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|