|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||2,100 ft / 640 m|
Magadi Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMG) is located in the Magadi Division of Kajiado County, in southern Kenya, near the town of Magadi on the eastern shores of Lake Magadi, close to the International border with the Republic of Tanzania.
Its location is approximately 97 kilometres (60 mi), by air, southwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are:1° 57' 0.00"S, 36° 16' 45.00"E (Latitude:-1.950000; Longitude:36.279166).
Magadi Airport is a small civilian airport, serving the town of Magadi and the surrounding communities. Situated 640 metres (2,100 ft) above sea level, the airport has a single unpaved runway that measures 5,741 feet (1,750 m) long.
Airlines and destinations
At this time, there is no regular, scheduled airline service to Magadi Airport.
- "Distance between Magadi (Rift Valley) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "HKMG - Magadi, KE - Airport - Great Circle Mapper". www.gcmap.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Magadi Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airport information for HKMG at Great Circle Mapper.