|Full name||Magdi Abdelghani Sayed Ahmed|
|Date of birth||27 July 1959|
|Place of birth||Cairo, Egypt|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Cairo, Abdelghani was a first-team mainstay for several years at local Al-Ahly, before immigrating to Portugal in 1988 at the age of 29, signing with lowly S.C. Beira-Mar which he helped always maintain its first division status whilst averaging four goals per season, even though he appeared sparingly in his last year.
Abdelghani gained 50 caps for Egypt, representing the nation at the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy and scoring its only goal of the tournament, a penalty in the 1–1 group stage draw against the Netherlands.
- "African Player of the Year 1987". RSSSF. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- "Netherlands – Egypt 1–1 (0–0)". Planet World Cup. 12 June 1990. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Abdelghani Sayed". Sports Reference. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Egypt Versus Kenya". www.angelfire.com/ak/EgyptianSports. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Magdi Abdelghani at TheFinalBall.com
- Magdi Abdelghani at ForaDeJogo
- Magdi Abdelghani at National-Football-Teams.com
- Magdi Abdelghani – FIFA competition record (archive)