From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magellan may refer to:
- Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer who led part of the first expedition around the world
- Strait of Magellan, a geographic location in South America
- Magellan's Cross, a geographic location in the Philippines
- Sea of Magellan, see Pacific Ocean
- Magellan expedition, or the Magellan-Elcano circumnavigation, see Timeline of Magellan's circumnavigation
- Order of Magellan, an honor bestowed on distinguished circumnavigators by The Circumnavigators Club (club founded 1902)
- Magellan (band), a progressive rock band
- Magellan (search engine), a forerunner of the Excite web portal
- Lotus Magellan, a file manager software
- Magellan Fund, a mutual fund offered by Fidelity Investments
- Magellan Data and Mapping Strategies, a political polling firm that serves Republican Party candidates and organizations
- Magellan class battleship, a fictional class of battleship in the Gundam universe
- MS Magellan (ship, 1985), a cruise ship
- CMA CGM Magellan, a container ship
- Ferdinand Magellan (railcar), a former presidential rail car from 1943 until 1958, currently held by the Gold Coast Railroad Museum.
- Magellan sheep dog, a dog originated in Chile
- Magellan Midstream Partners, American oil pipeline corporation.
- Magellan Aerospace, a Canadian aerospace manufacturer
- Magellan Navigation Inc, a maker of GPS equipment
- Magellan (spacecraft), a NASA unmanned space mission to Venus
- Magellan Telescopes at Las Campanas, Chile
- Giant Magellan Telescope in Chile
- Clouds of Magellan, see Magellanic Clouds
- 4055 Magellan, an Amor asteroid
- Magellan, an interstellar ark or generation starship in Arthur C. Clarke's science fiction work The Songs of Distant Earth
- Magellan, a 10,000 scouter ship armada mother-ship beyond Pluto in Fredric Brown's blue sand novelette Arena (short story)
- Magellania (English 2008; French 1987 as En Magellanie), an 1897 science fiction novel restored in 2008 as written by Jules Verne, commonly known in the altered 1909 version of The Survivors of the "Jonathan"
- Remous dans les nuages de Magellan (French), a January 2000 science fiction Perry Rhodan novel (#143) by K. H. Scheer and Clark Darlton
- Missions magellaniques (French), a September 2000 science fiction Perry Rhodan novel (#148) by K. H. Scheer and Clark Darlton
- "The Grift of the Magellanae", a science fiction short story appearing in the March 1999 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction by Robin Wilson (author)
- The Magellan Nebula, a 1963 science fiction work by Stanislaw Lem
- Magellan, the survival space research vessel in the 2001 science fiction Ice Planet (film)
- Beta Magellan, a star orbited by the Bynar home planet Bynaus in the Star Trek TNG episode 11001001
- Magalhães, the Portuguese form of the name
- Magallanes (disambiguation), the Spanish form of the name
- Magellana, a moth genus
- Magellanic (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Magellan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.