Memayu Hayuning Bawana Suka Ambangun
Location within East Java
|• Regent||Dr. Drs. Suprawoto, SH., M. Si.|
|• Vice Regent||Hj. Nanik Endang Rusminiarti, S.Pd., M.Pd.|
|• Total||672.70 km2 (259.73 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||1,300 m (4,300 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||500 m (1,600 ft)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (IWST)|
|Area code||(+62) 351|
Within Magetan there is a subdivision also called Magetan. Magetan has a famous lake called Sarangan Lake which is located in the Sarangan District.
The chairman of "Jawa Pos Group", a famous newspaper in Indonesia, Dahlan Iskan, was born here, as were Prof. Dr. Samaun Samadikun (ex-Chief LIPI), Charis Suhud (ex-Vice Chief MPR), Cak Lontong (comedian), and the poet Iman Budhi Santosa.
Magetan has a tropical climate. Significant rainfall in most of the months of the year, and the short dry season has little effect. This location is classified as Am by Köppen and Geiger. The average annual temperature is 25o C. Within a year the average rainfall is 2045 mm.
Culinary specialities from Magetan are:
- Tepo tahu
- Getuk pisang, made from banana (from Kauman District)
- Kurmelo, made from orange skin with dates addition
- Lempeng, snack made from dried rice
- Mount Lawu
- Cetho Temple
- Sarangan Lake, famous lake in East Java
- Tirtosari Waterfall, near Sarangan Lake
- Ngancar Waterfall, in Ngerong District
- Taman Toga (Herbal Medicine Park), in Plaosan District
- Leather Product's Center, at Sawo Street, famous Leather Production in East Java beside Tanggulangin (Sidoarjo)
- Military Airport: Lanud Iswahyudi
Book "Apa dan Siapa Magetan", issued by Pemerintah Kabupaten Daerah Tingkat II Magetan, 1987
- "Iklim: Grafik iklim - Magetan , grafis Suhu, tabel Iklim - Climate-Data.org". id.climate-data.org. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "Badan Pusat Statistik Kabupaten Magetan". magetankab.bps.go.id. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
|This East Java location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|