Magic Bullet (appliance)
The Magic Bullet is a compact blender manufactured by Homeland Housewares, a division of the American company Alchemy Worldwide, and sold in over 50 countries. It is widely marketed through television advertisements and infomercials and sold in retail stores under the "As seen on TV" banner. A feature-limited retail version not under this banner called the "Magic Bullet Single Shot+" is also available.
Since the introduction of the Magic Bullet, other incarnations include the Magic Bullet To Go, the Bullet Express, the Baby Bullet, the NutriBullet and the Dessert Bullet.
The Magic Bullet is a personal blender that is designed to be used as a space saving replacement for other appliances such as a blender, food processor, and electric juicer. The name is derived from the ogive-shaped curve of the blending cups. The entire Magic Bullet system consists of an electric blender base with a number of attachments. Some of the attachments are included with the product, and they are:
- one of two available screw-on blade attachments; the "cross blade" (used for chopping foods and crushing ice),
- two mixing cups, one short and one tall,
- two handled cups, called by the manufacturer "Party Mugs", which can be used to blend individual drinks (also with colored "Comfort Rings" that screw over the threads),
- lids for the cups, intended for storing foods, and
- an instruction manual which also contains a recipe book (Magic Bullet 10 Second Recipes and Owner Manual), featuring recipes prepared in the infomercial and others.
Other add-ons can be purchased separately. These consist of:
- perforated lids for the cups that are used to ventilate items cooked in the cup when using a microwave oven, and to dispense hard foods that have been ground using the appliance,
- the other of two available screw-on blade attachments: a "flat blade" (used for chopping harder foods, as well as for whipping),
- other attachments include a full size blender pitcher and a manual juice extractor attachment.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2015)|
The appliance is used by attaching a blade attachment to the desired cup and fitting the assembly upside down on top of the base. The base contains the motor that turns the blade, which is inside the cup. When one applies pressure to the top of the unit, the blade spins. If one turns the cup to lock into the base, it will continue to spin until it is disengaged.
Homeland Housewares has introduced add-ons and different versions of the Magic Bullet including the Bullet2Go (with various accessories), the Bullet Express, and a Fat Burning Boost supplement to be used in conjunction with the Magic Bullet.
The Magic Bullet has been replicated and imitated on more than one occasion. Homeland Housewares, LLC, is a member of eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program and has created a Consumer Counterfeit Watch web page in order to help educate consumers regarding these issues.
- "Alchemy Worldwide LLC CEO and Direct Response TV Veteran Lenny Sands Appointed by President George W. Bush to President's Export Council", TheFreeLibrary.com (February 12, 2007)
- What you get…
- "About Potentially Hazardous Counterfeit Blenders", press release (August 28, 2007)
- "Most of the purported 'Magic Bullet' Blender/Mixer Systems, parts and packaging available on eBay are counterfeit."
- Consumer Counterfeit Watch