Magic Kingdom Parade
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Magic Kingdom Parade|
|Venue||Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World|
|Inaugurated||October 1, 1971|
The Magic Kingdom Parade is a large theatrical presentation at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World which dates back to the beginning of the theme park. As of March 9, 2014, the daily parade is called Festival of Fantasy.
The early "character parades" were simple in execution, featuring Mickey Mouse leading the Walt Disney World Band, followed by a group of Disney characters, performers, and musicians walking or riding vehicles along the parade route. As the years went on, the parades became composed of many floats.
As of March 12, 2020, Festival of Fantasy and Move it! Shake it! Mouskedance it! had their final performances due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
There are no new current parades due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Character Parade (October 1 - December 9, 1971)[better source needed]
- Cavalcade of Characters (1974-1975, 1977-1978)[better source needed]
- Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play it! Street Party (February 12, 2009 – December 1, 2018): Formerly named Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! (Renamed in Fall 2014)
- Festival of Fantasy Parade (March 9, 2014 - March 12, 2020)
- Move it! Shake it! Mousekedance it! (January 18, 2019 - March 12, 2020)
- "Step in Time: The First 'Character Parades' at Magic Kingdom Park". Disney Parks Blog. September 30, 2013. Retrieved August 11, 2016.
- "Step in Time: 'Cavalcade of Characters' Kicks Off at Magic Kingdom Park in 1974". Disney Parks Blog. October 14, 2013. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "'Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It!' Street Party News". www.wdwmagic.com. WDWMagic. Retrieved September 15, 2018.[better source needed]