Magic Mouse 2
Magic Mouse 2
Foxconn (contract manufacturer)
|Type||Multi-touch clear acrylic surface with laser tracking mouse|
|Release date||October 13, 2015|
|Operating system||Mac OS X El Capitan v 10.11 and higher|
|System on a chip||32-bit RISC ARM Cortex-M3|
|CPU||ST Microelectronics STM32F103VB @ 72 MHz|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 3.0+EDR, Lightning connector|
|Power||Recyclable rechargeable Li-Po battery (1986 mAh)|
|Mass||0.22 lb (99 g)|
|Related articles||Magic Trackpad 2|
The Magic Mouse 2 (Apple Magic Mouse 2), is a wireless computer mouse developed and released by Apple Inc. It features a multi-touch acrylic surface for scrolling. The mouse detects the difference between gestures on the surface.
Announced on October 13, 2015, it is similar to its predecessor as a Bluetooth-enabled mouse with the key difference being that it is powered not by AA batteries, but by a rechargeable internal battery. The mouse is compatible with Apple Macintosh desktop and laptop computers running OS X El Capitan versions 10.11 and higher and iPad tablets running iPadOS 13.4 or higher.
The mouse features a lithium-ion rechargeable battery and Lightning connector for charging and pairing. Unlike other similar models, the Magic Mouse 2 has its charging connector on the bottom, and thus cannot be used during recharging. The mouse uses an ST Microelectronics STM32F103VB 72 MHz 32-bit RISC ARM Cortex-M3 processor and includes the Broadcom BCM20733 Enhanced Data Rate Bluetooth 3.0.
The mouse comes in three color variants: Silver, Space Gray and Silver-and-Black.
Other Apple complementary products
The Magic Mouse 2 was released alongside of the Magic Keyboard and the Magic Trackpad 2 in October 2015 to help complete Apple's renewable initiative. Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad 2 each have a fully rechargeable and recyclable lithium‑ion battery instead of alkaline batteries.
- "Apple's New Magic Keyboard, Mouse, and Force Touch Trackpad Are All Rechargeable". Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Review: Apple's Magic Keyboard + Magic Trackpad 2 add precision and power, lose compatibility". Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Design before function: Apple Magic Mouse 2 can't be used while charging". Retrieved June 6, 2016.
- "Mini-review: Apple's new Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad 2". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- Magic Mouse 2 at Apple.com