Magic Trackpad 2
Rear view of a Magic Trackpad 2 with the power switch at left and Lightning port at center.
|Release date||October 13, 2015|
|Operating system||OS X El Capitan v 10.11 and higher|
|Input||Multi-touch Matte Glass Surface with Force Touch and Taptic Engine|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 3.0+EDR, Lightning connector|
|Power||Rechargeable Li-Po Battery (2024 mAh)|
|Dimensions||0.19–0.43 inch (0.49–1.09 cm) x 6.3 inch (16.0 cm) x 4.52 inches (11.49 cm)|
|Mass||0.51 pound (0.231 kg)|
The Magic Trackpad 2 is a multi-touch and Force Touch trackpad produced by Apple Inc. Announced on October 13, 2015 alongside the Magic Keyboard and the Magic Mouse 2, the Magic Trackpad 2 is the successor to the first Magic Trackpad.
The Magic Trackpad 2 is similar to its predecessor, with the key differences being a larger form factor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and Force Touch. The trackpad also provides haptic feedback via Apple's built-in Taptic Engine that is also used in MacBook trackpads. The Lightning connector is used for charging and pairing.
Operating system support
- OS X El Capitan versions 10.11 and higher.
- iPadOS versions 13.4 and higher.
- Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista in Apple's Boot Camp.
- Ubuntu Linux can be configured to support most of the MacOS multitouch gestures that Mac OS has.
- Google contributed patches to the Linux kernel for support included in version 4.20 released in Dec 2018.
- Android 4.x (mobile devices)
- Chrome OS (Chromebook devices)
- "Apple Magic Trackpad 2 Review". Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Magic Trackpad 2". Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Apple Magic Trackpad 2". Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- "Apple's New Magic Keyboard, Mouse, and Force Touch Trackpad Are All Rechargeable". Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Magic Trackpad 2 Teardown". Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Review: Apple's Magic Keyboard + Magic Trackpad 2 add precision and power, lose compatibility". Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Use a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad with your iPad". support.apple.com. Retrieved November 25, 2020.
- "Multitouch/AppleMagicTrackpad - Ubuntu Wiki". wiki.ubuntu.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Multitouch/Ginn - Ubuntu Wiki". Wiki.ubuntu.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "HID: magicmouse: add support for Apple Magic Trackpad 2".
- Magic Trackpad 2 at Apple.com
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|