Magicians Association of Korea
|Formation||24 October 2001|
|Affiliations||Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques|
Though Kim Jong-Il had made efforts to develop magic on a Juche basis in 1971, it was not until 2001 that a dedicated nationwide magicians' society was established. The Magicians Association of Korea was founded on 24 October of that year, with headquarters in Pyongyang and ten branches across Korea. Its goal is to contribute to the development of performance magic in the DPRK, and to foster cooperation with magicians and magicians' organizations abroad.
The association has developed magic acts for performance in the DPRK and abroad. These have included Kim Chol's series of large-scale performances at Pyongyang's May Day Stadium in April 2011, and a touring performance in China in August 2011.
- "New magic theatre appears in DPRK". Korean Central News Agency. 2002-05-24. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "DPRK Magicians Association founded". Korean Central News Agency. 2001-10-25. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- Dante, Domenico (2012). "Admission New Societies" (PDF). FISM Newsletter (14). Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Large-Scale Magic Performance to Be Given in Pyongyang". Korean Central News Agency. 2011-03-14. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Korea's Magic Art Comes Long Way". Korean Central News Agency. 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2016-09-13.