Magid M. Abraham, Ph.D.
|Born||April 13, 1958|
|Alma mater||MIT Sloan School of Management (MBA, Ph.D.), École Polytechnique (BA)|
Magid M. Abraham (born April 13, 1958) is an entrepreneur and expert on market research, consumer modeling, and information systems. He held several executive positions, two of which were within companies he founded.
Abraham authored articles in academic and industry journals, including the Harvard Business Review, Journal of Marketing Research, and Marketing Science. He is a speaker at marketing industry conferences.
Abraham was born in Mashghara, a small town in Lebanon, where he was raised on his father’s fruit farm. His interests in school included math, science, and especially physics, and this fascination has remained with him throughout his life. He attended Lebanon’s high school, followed by Paris’ engineering university, École Polytechnique. He went to the United States to attend the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he graduated with an MBA in 1981 and later a PhD in operations research.
Abraham joined Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) in 1985. He served as IRI president and chief operating officer from 1993 to 1994, and vice chairman of the board of directors from 1994 until 1995. At IRI, Abraham designed marketing applications that eventually became standards of CPG marketing practice, as referenced in his articles 'Promoter: An Automated Promotion Evaluation System', 1987, Marketing Science and 'An Implemented System for Improving Promotion Productivity Using Store Scanner Data', 1993, Marketing Science.
In 1999, Abraham co-founded comScore, an Internet market intelligence company where he remains president and CEO. comScore was selected as a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum before the forum’s annual conference in Davos in 2007. In 2010 comScore was promoted by the World Economic Forum.
In June 2016 he became executive chairman of Upskill (formerly APX), and Linda Abraham became vice chair.
In 2011, Abraham was awarded the MIT Sloan School of Management Buck Weaver Award, for theory and practice in marketing science. In 2009, he received the American Marketing Association’s Parlin Award.
He was inducted into the Entrepreneur Hall of Fame in 2008, designated along with comScore as a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum. He was also given the title of Entrepreneur of the Year in the Washington DC Area by Ernst and Young, and received an award from the Advertising Research Foundation (ARF).
In 1996, Abraham was awarded the Paul Green Award by the AMA for an article that he co-authored in the Journal of Marketing Research in 1995 described as showing “the most potential to contribute to the practice of marketing research and research in marketing."  That award was validated 5 years after the initial publication, with the AMA William F. O'Dell Award in 2000 recognizing research which made a significant, long-term contribution to the marketing discipline.
Awards and recognition
- 2011 : MIT Sloan's Buck Weaver Award
- 2009 : American Marketing Association, Charles Coolidge Parlin Marketing Research Award
- 2008 : Ernst and Young, Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- 2008 : World Economic Forum, “Technology Pioneer”
- 2000 : American Marketing Association, William F. O’Dell Award
- "International Trade: Global Opportunities for your Business - Washington Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. 2009-10-28. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Magid Abraham, comScore: Bio". iMedia Connection. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "A new measurement of online/offline apparel". Internetretailer.com. Archived from the original on July 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "eMarketer CEO Headlines International Conference". Bloomberg.com. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Second-generation Web entrepreneur works to make Milo a household name - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Magid M. Abraham Profile - Forbes.com". People.forbes.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- Rice, Faye (1992-12-28). "WHAT INTELLIGENT CONSUMERS WANT Quality is still important, but these folks now expect to get it at the lowest possible price. Manufacturers and retailers had better watch out. Bargain buying is likely to last. - December 28, 1992". Money.cnn.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Promoter: An Automated Promotion Evaluation System - Abraham and Lodish 6 (2): 101 - Marketing Science". Mktsci.journal.informs.org. doi:10.1287/mksc.6.2.101. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "An Implemented System for Improving Promotion Productivity Using Store Scanner Data - Abraham and Lodish 12 (3): 248 - Marketing Science". Mktsci.journal.informs.org. doi:10.1287/mksc.12.3.248. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "comScore". Fairfaxcountyeda.org. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Magid M. Abraham Executive Profile". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.[dead link]
- http://www.weforum.org/pdf/ggc/GGCList.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "World Economic Forum - Centre for Global Growth Companies". Weforum.org. Archived from the original on 2010-05-13. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Second-generation Web entrepreneur works to make Milo a household name". SiliconValley.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Board of Directors". Milo.com web site. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Magid Abraham (Lecturer)". Stanford University Explore Courses. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "2016 ARF Great Mind Awards". The Advertising Research Foundation. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "Upskill named Technology Pioneer by World Economic Forum". Company Blog. Upskill. June 27, 2016. Retrieved June 11, 2017.
- "MIT Sloanscape" (PDF). MIT Sloan. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "American Marketing Association Foundation". Themarketingfoundation.org. 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "World Economic Forum - Latest News Releases". Weforum.org. Archived from the original on 2010-07-03. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "ComScore CEO, Chairman Entrepreneur Of The Year Award Finalists". Medianewsline.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "2009 ARF Great Mind Awards". Thearf.org. 2009-04-01. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "American Marketing Association Foundation - Green Recipients". Themarketingfoundation.org. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "William F. O'Dell Award: Previous Winners - American Marketing Association". Marketingpower.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "40 Under 40 alpha listing | Crain's Chicago Business". Chicagobusiness.com. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- Forbes interview with Dr. Abraham CEO Spotlight
- CNN Money 'The online numbers game' featuring Dr. Abraham
- Magid Abraham - Video clip of Davos Debates in China 2009. 11 September 2009.
- Photograph: Dr. Abraham at the World Economic Forum on Latin America 2009. Rio de Janeiro. Flickr.com 14 April 2009.
- Photograph: Dr. Abraham at the DLD Conference 2010. Munich. Life.com. 25 January 2010.