|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Magna Powertrain is an operating unit of Magna International. In 2010, Magna Drivetrain was created as a result of the acquisition of New Venture Gear merged with Magna Steyr Powertrain. In 2005, Magna Powertrain was founded by the merging Magna Drivetrain, Tesma International and the Engineering Center Steyr (ECS).
Magna Powertrain is a supplier for the global automotive industry with capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. These capabilities include driveline and chassis control systems, powertrain pumps and controls technologies, stampings, die castings, and Engine & Commercial Vehicle Engineering services.
Magna Powertrain manufactures parts for automakers across the world including Mercedes-AMG, Audi, BMW, Brilliance Auto, Buick, Chery, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroën, Daimler, Dodge, Dong Feng, FAW, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Iveco, JAC, Jaguar, Jeep, JMC, KTM, Land Rover, Mahindra, MAN, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Saab, SAIC, Samsun, Skoda, Soueast, SsangYong, Suzuki, Tata, Toyota, Volvo, and VW.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (April 2016)|
- 1996 - Magna Powertrain and SHW GMBH sign a joint venture agreement to establish a manufacturing facility in Concord, Ontario for the production of oil pumps.
- November 2006 - Magna Powertrain and Amtek Auto Ltd. sign a 50-50 joint venture agreement to establish a manufacturing facility outside of New Delhi, India, for two-piece flexplate assemblies for automotive applications.
- October 2007 - Magna Powertrain and RICO Auto Industries Ltd, a full-service Indian-based powertrain components and assemblies supplier, sign a 50/50 joint venture to establish a new manufacturing facility located in Gurgaon, Haryana (India). The facility produces oil and water pumps with aluminum housings for automotive engine applications for Indian and European markets.
- January 2009 - WIA Corporation and Magna Powertrain Inc. form a 50:50 joint ventures to establish a new manufacturing facility located in Asan, Korea. The facility produces and supplies all-wheel-drive couplings for Hyundai Kia Motors Group.
- "Magna Powertrain and Amtek Establish Joint Venture in India". Powertransmission.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "India: Magna Powertrain and Rico Auto sign joint venture agreement". Automotive World. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Magna Powertrain Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.