Magnate & Valentino
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- The article covers the duo's career as well the individual careers of Magnate and Valentino after break-up
Magnate & Valentino
|Also known as||Los Nene|
|Labels||Machete Music/VI Music|
|Members||Magnate (Ramón del Robledo Nuñez Oliviera) |
Valentino (Peter González Torres)
Magnate & Valentino were a Puerto Rican reggaeton duo made up of Ramón del Robledo Nuñez Oliviera known as Magnate (born 24 October 1982) and Peter González Torres known as Valentino (born 12 July 1980). The duo were initially called Los Nene before adopting the name Magnate y Valentino. They were among the first duos to include ballads and romantic songs in the discography. Having debuted in 1998 in an artists compilation album The Warriors 2: Batalla En Dos Tiempos, the two continued to be featured in other compilations like Tha Cream 4, 9 Plagas 2, The Flow 2 and The show en la Feria. However it was with Rompiendo el Hielo their debut album in 2002 that they were highlighted cooperating with Héctor & Tito in "Gata Celosa" and with Nicky Jam in "Quiero que hagas mujer". "Te Buscaré" arranged by Alejandro Montalván and Eduardo Reyes, was a huge hit. The follow-up albums were Sin Límite (2005), and Quimica Perfecta (2009). The duo also collaborated with Don Omar in the hit "Dile a Ella". Imparables became the duo's last album together in 2013. Soon after, the duo separated and each continued with a solo career.
- Compilation albums
- 2006: Before & After
- 2011: Ultimate Collection
- "Dile A Ella (feat. Don Omar)
- "Gata Celosa" (feat. Héctor & Tito)
- "Si Te Acuerdas De Mi"
- "Tal Vez"
- "Te Buscaré"
- "Vuelve A Mí"
After the break up
|Birth name||Ramón del Robledo Nuñez Oliviera|
|Also known as||Magnate (The One and Only)|
|Born||22 October 1982|
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Magnate announced in a press release that he and Valentino were going their separate ways by saying: "We were together at all stages as a duet of Puerto Rican urban music, to the point of marking the history of this genre with new styles in melodies and lyrical content. Undoubtedly, the results of this duo were always incredible, but now in 2014, I feel I am ready to present my new musical output outside the partnership".
Even before the break-up, Magnate (born Ramón del Robledo Nuñez Oliviera) had released his debut solo album, Progresivo in 2007. He has since released a number of successful singles and collaborations notably with Nicky Jam and Ñengo Flow.
- 2007: Progresivo
- 2014: Magnate: Greatest Hits (compilation)
- 2007: "Nuestro amor es asi"
- 2013: "Dime"
- 2014: "Dándote" (feat. Nicky Jam)
- 2015: "Emborrachame"
- 2015: "Bandida"
- 2015: "Tu me enciendes" (feat. Ñengo Flow)
- 2017: "Caerán"
|Birth name||Peter González Torres|
|Born||12 July 1980|
In 2006, while in the duo, Valentino became part of the group Los Compadres with Mario VI and Gocho. They released their collaborative album called Los Compadres: La Perfecta Ocasión with all three working together as well as in separate tracks.
Valentino (born Peter González Torres) has also developed actively his solo career. In 2017, he released "Bésame" featuring the young upcoming artist Manuel Turizo Zapata (better known as MTZ Manuel Turizo).
- 2006: Los Compadres: La Perfecta Ocasión (Valentino, Mario VI & Gocho)
- 2014: My Self
- 2017: "Bésame" (featuring Manuel Turizo)
- Featured in
- 2012: "Perreo por ley" (Franco "El Gorila" feat. Valentino, O'Neill)
- El Heraldo Colombia: Vea aquí todos los videos de Valentino y Manuel Turizo en #SesionesEH (in Spanish)
- El Tiempo: Manuel Turizo llega a Barranquilla y se abre camino al éxito - El artista monteriano promociona su más reciente canción: 'Una lady como tú', que suena fuerte. (in Spanish)
- El País, ColombiaLa historia detrás del éxito 'Una lady como tú' de Manuel y Julián Turizo (in Spanish)