Hoseth playing for Vålerenga in 2006
|Date of birth||October 13, 1980|
|Place of birth||Averøy, Norway|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 June 2015.
Magne Hoseth (born Magne Hoset on 13 October 1980) is a Norwegian footballer who plays for Viking as an attacking midfielder. From his debut in 2001, he has played 22 matches for the Norway national football team.
Hoseth started his career in his local club IL Averøykameratene. In 1999 was he signed by Molde, and in his first season for the club from Romsdal he performed well both in the Tippeligaen and in the Champions League. He was also a regular in the Norwegian youth national team.
In the summer of 2004 Hoseth was transferred to the Danish team F.C. Copenhagen. He was very popular in Copenhagen, but because he had homesickness and wanted to go back to Norway he left the club. In June 2005 he was signed by Vålerenga from Oslo, and in July 2006 he returned to his old club Molde.
Hoseth made his debut for Norway on 25 April 2001, as a half-time substitute for Dan Eggen in a 2-1 home friendly win over Bulgaria. His only goal came on his 5th cap, on 24 January 2004, in a 3-1 win over Honduras in Hong Kong. His 22nd and most recent cap was on 25 September 2009, a 1-1 draw with Iceland in World Cup qualification.
- As of 27 June 2015
|1||25 January 2004||Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong||Honduras||3 – 1||Win||Friendly|
- "Magne Hoseth klar for Stabæk". http://www.vg.no (in Norwegian). vg.no. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Hoseth klar for Stabæk". http://www.tv2.no/. TV2 (Norway). Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Magne Hoseth". http://www.altomfotball.no/. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- (Norwegian) Player profile on official club website
- (Norwegian) National Caps
- Magne Hoseth at National-Football-Teams.com
- UEFA profile
|This biographical article related to a Norwegian association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|