From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Magnes, eponym and first king of Magnesia. He was the son of Zeus and Thyia or of Aeolus and Enarete.
- Magnes, a son of Argos and Perimele, and father of Hymenaeus; from him also a portion of Thessaly derived its name Magnesia.
- Magnes from Zakynthos, one of the suitors of Penelope. He was killed, along with the others, by Odysseus.
- Bibliotheca, Epitome of Book 4, 7. 26 - 30
- William Smith. A Dictionary of Greek and Roman biography and mythology. London (1873).
|This article includes a list of Greek mythological figures with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific Greek mythology article referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended Greek mythology article, if one exists.|