From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up magneto, magnéto, magneto-, or magnéto- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A magneto is a permanent magnet electrical generator.
Magneto may also refer to:
Other electrical machines
- Magneto (generator), a permanent magnet electrical generator generating a large current, e.g. for lighting
- Ignition magneto, a magneto for an internal combustion engine
- Bicycle magneto (commonly known as a dynamo despite not meeting the normal definition of that term)
- Telephone magneto, a magneto used with a telephone
Places and jurisdictions
- Portuguese name of Magnetum, an Ancient town and former bishopric, now Meinedo in Portugal and a Latin Catholic titular see
Comics and films
- Magneto (comics), a comic book character in the Marvel Comics Universe
- Magneto (Amalgam Comics), an Amalgam Comics character based in part on the character Magneto from Marvel Comics
- Magneto (Atlas Comics), a different comic book character, created by Stan Lee before Atlas became Marvel
- Magneto, codename for Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Magneto, name for an exploit to the Firefox version used in Tor-Browser-Bundle, used by the FBI to track Tor users
- Magento, an e-commerce software package
- Magneto (band), a Mexican boy band
- "Magneto" (song), a song by the British group Brigade
- "Magneto", a song on the first Yello album, Solid Pleasure
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Magneto.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.