Magnolia Village Practice Center
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Magnolia Grove Mindfulness Practice Center is a retreat and practice center located in Batesville, Mississippi. The 120-acre (0.49 km2) grounds are located near Memphis, Tennessee. The center is part of the Order of Interbeing and practices in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, who visited Magnolia Grove in October 2005 and officially accepted Magnolia Grove Monastery. They are closely in touch with Plum Village for resources and support. Magnolia Grove Monastery is one of the three monasteries in the United States which are under the spiritual guidance of Thich Nhat Hanh. the other two are Blue Cliff Monastery in New York and Deer Park Monastery in California. According to Magnolia Grove Monastery's website, "Magnolia Grove Monastery is a residential monastery and is simultaneously, Magnolia Village, a Mindfulness Practice Meditation Center in the tradition of Plum Village, founded by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh"
Twice weekly, on Thursdays and Sundays, public Days of Mindfulness are held, as well as regular retreats and special events.
- Plum Village - Thich Nhat Hanh's main monastery and practice center, located about 85 km east of Bordeaux, France.
- Deer Park Monastery - located in Escondido, California.
- Blue Cliff Monastery - located in Pine Bush, New York.
- Magnolia Grove Monastery - located in Batesville, Mississippi.
- I Am Home - Community of Mindful Living; home of the "Mindfulness Bell" magazine with news, articles, and talks by Thich Nhat Hanh and other Order of Interbeing members.
|This article about a Buddhist monastery or nunnery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|