Magnus Dominus Corpus
|Magnus Dominus Corpus|
|Studio album by MDC|
|Label||Sudden Death Records|
Magnus Dominus Corpus (2004) is MDC's seventh full-length album with three of their four original members Dave Dictor (also Submissives), Ron Posner (ex-con-ron), Mikey Donaldson (founding member of The Offenders and Sister Double Happiness) and drummer Mike Pride (Dynamite Club).
The title is a Latin term taken from the returning Crusaders of the 13th century to term the intense hatred between the clashing Islamic and Christian cultures. It is translated on the album's cover as "corpses of the ultimate dominators". The album was internally called Millions Of Dead Contractors, a reference to contract workers killed in post-invasion Iraq, but was changed due to the controversial nature of such a title.
The 18 songs on the album feature criticism of George W. Bush, "Poseur Punk"s, sell-out punk bands, a tribute to the late Maximumrocknroll founder Tim Yohannan, American racism past and present, and American attitudes towards what defines terrorism, among other topics.
A restored and remastered vinyl version limited to 1000 copies will be put out by Beer City Records for Record Store Day 2017.
- Destroying the Planet (Dictor/Posner) — 1:41
- Going Nowhere Faster Than You (Dictor/Posner) — 2:19
- Founding Fathers (Dictor/Posner) — 2:02
- Poseur Punk (Dictor/Posner) — 2:36
- Let's Kill All the Cops (Dictor/Posner) — 2:06
- Life But How to Live It (Dictor/Posner) — 1:50
- Prime Evil (Dictor/Posner) — 2:04
- Time Out (Schultz/Posner) — 1:19
- Girls Like You Make Me Queer (Dictor/Posner) — 2:04
- Sleep a Little Less, Dream a Little More (Dictor/Posner) — 2:00
- Walking on Thin Ice (Dictor/Posner) — 3:31
- No More Cops (Dictot/Orguera) — 1:26
- Long Day, Short Life (Dictor/Posner) — 1:27
- Timmy Yo (Dictor) — 3:03
- Nazis Shouldn't Drive (Dictor/Wilder) — 1:59
- Sick of It (Dictor/Bekowies/Van Cura) — 2:02
- Prick Faced Bastard (Dictor) — 2:42
- Ballad of G.W. (Dan the Parody Man/Flatt & Scruggs) — 2:22