December 21, 1969
|Height||201 cm (6 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||156 kg (344 lb)|
Magnus Samuelsson (born on December 21, 1969), is a Swedish actor, former strongman and winner of the 1998 World's Strongest Man contest in Morocco. The son of a former Swedish female arm wrestling champion, he has also been ranked among the best arm wrestlers in the world and was a European Arm Wrestling champion prior to becoming a professional strongman.
Samuelsson holds the record for reaching the World's Strongest Man finals 10 times, a feat which he achieved over a 13 year span from 1995–2007. He has also achieved a podium place in WSM on five separate occasions.
In 2001 Samuelsson came second in the inaugural Strongman Super Series. After a year's break, he returned to compete in the 2006 World's Strongest Man but failed to make it past the qualifying rounds due to a back injury. A year later, Samuelsson reached the 2007 finals, eventually finishing in 5th place.
However after failing to make the finals in the 2008 World's Strongest Man contest, Samuelsson announced his retirement from competition after 14 years competing in the sport. He achieved a 31 podium finish making him one of the all-time most successful strongman competitors. Samuelsson also remains one of only five men to have successfully closed the No.4 Captains of Crush hand-gripper under official conditions.
In 1995 Samuelsson accidentally broke the arm of Australian wrestler Nathan Jones during heats of the World's Strongest Man contest in Nassau, Bahamas. The injury occurred because Jones employed the novice technique of side twisting. The action combined with Samuelsson's own body strength resulted in a snapped humerus.
Samuelsson lives in Tidersrum in Östergötland. He and his brother, Torbjörn, are both full time farmers. Throughout his career, he has been supported at every competition by his wife Kristin, a former two-time winner of Sweden's strongest woman. They have one son, David & one daughter, Sara.
- Chest (cm): 160 ... 63 in.
- Waist (cm): 104 ... 41.3 in.
- Biceps (cm): 60 ...23.6 in.
- Height (cm): 200 ... 6'7"
- Weight (kg): 156 kg ... 345 lbs.
- Squat: 375 kg (826 lb) for 1 rep with belt and knee wraps.
- Bench press: 270kg (595 lbs) for 2 reps raw in training, 200kg (440 lbs) for 11 reps. 
- Deadlift: 350.45 kg (771 lbs)
- Year Place Competition
- 1996 2nd World Muscle Power
- 1997 1st Glasgow Open
- 1998 4th Helsinki Strongman
- 1998 3rd World Strongest Team Contest
- 1998 1st Faroe GP
- 1998 1st World Strongman Challenge
- 1999 3rd Faroe GP
- 1999 1st Beauty and the Beast
- 1999 2nd Iceland Viking of the north
- 1999 2nd World Strongest Team
- 1999 4th Helsinki GP
- 1999 1st Czech GP
- 2000 3rd Faroe GP
- 2000 1st Ireland GP
- 2000 2nd Europe Strongman Classic
- 2000 2nd Helsinki GP
- 2000 1st Poland GP
- 2000 1st China GP
- 2000 1st Romanian GP
- 2001 1st Beauty and the Beast
- 2001 2nd World Muscle Power
- 2001 3rd Europe's Strongest Man
- 2001 2nd Santa Domingo
- 2001 3rd Prague GP
- 2001 2nd Dutch GP
- 2001 1st Stockholm GP
- 2001 1st Strongman Super Series
- 2003 3rd World Muscle Power Canada
- 2003 3rd World Record Breakers Poland
- 2003 2nd World Strongman Stars Ukraine
- 2004 1st Superseries GP Göteborg
- 2007 3rd Viking Power Super Series Norway
- 2008 1st Sweden Super Series Sweden
- World's Strongest Arms. DVD. Colin Bryce production
|World's Strongest Man|
|First (1998)||Succeeded by:
Tina Nordström & Tobias Karlsson
Season 4 (2009 with Annika Sjöö)