|Also known as||I'll Never Say Goodbye|
|Created by||Gina Marissa Tagasa|
|Based on||Kastilyong Buhangin|
|Opening theme||"Magpahanggang Wakas" by Piolo Pascual with the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||80 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Narciso Yulores Gulmatico, Jr.|
|Running time||30–38 minutes|
|Production company(s)||RSB Drama Unit|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) |
|Original release||September 19, 2016 –|
January 6, 2017
|Related shows||Kastilyong Buhangin (film)|
Magpahanggang Wakas (International title: I'll Never Say Goodbye / transl. Until the End) is a 2016 Philippine drama television series based on the 1980 film of the same name, starring Nora Aunor, Lito Lapid and Tonio Gutierrez. Directed by FM Reyes, it is topbilled by Jericho Rosales, Arci Muñoz and John Estrada. The series premiered on ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida evening block and worldwide via The Filipino Channel from September 19, 2016 to January 6, 2017, replacing Born for You.
Waldo, a righteous and hardworking son from a happy family, shares a deep love with Aryann. Although both were young, their love for each other was undeniably genuine and true. However, their story changed one night when Waldo accidentally killed a man who attempted to rape Aryann. Waldo was convicted of the crime and was sent to prison. Feeling responsible for Waldo's misfortune, Aryann took on different jobs to raise money to get him out of jail and meets Tristan, who gave her the hand she was desperately looking for. Not soon after being freed, Waldo faced the vengeful brother of the man he killed and was shot. He falls of a cliff and drifts into the sea which made everyone, except Aryann, believe that he was dead. Having slowly accepted Waldo's death, Aryann moved on and found her way to Tristan, the man who didn't take advantage of her vulnerability during her darkest times. The two fall in love with each other and were set to be wed. During the announcement of their wedding, Aryann realizes the undeniable truth that Waldo is alive. Waldo and Aryann cross paths but the latter is no longer sure if she still shares the love they once had.
Cast and characters
- Jericho Rosales as Ronualdo "Waldo" del Mar
- Arci Muñoz as Atty. Aryann Castillo
- John Estrada as Tristan Lozado
- Gelli de Belen as Jenna Celis-Lozado
- Rita Avila as Rosita "Tyang Rosing" Natividad
- Lito Pimentel as Nicolas "Kulas" del Mar
- Liza Lorena as Malena "Nenang" del Mar
- Ronaldo Valdez as Antonio "Tony" Sandoval
- Danita Paner as Leila Asuncion
- Maika Rivera as Cheska Lozado
- Jomari Angeles as Enrique "King" del Mar
- Marco Gumabao as Zachary "Zach" Flores
- Yen Santos as Clarissa "Issa" Ordoñez
- Cris Villanueva as Simon Flores
- Louise Abuel as young Enrique "King" del Mar
- Allan Paule as Armand Natividad
- Justin Cuyugan as Domingo "Dodong" Natividad
- Ana Abad Santos as Mariposa
- Jordan Gucake as Engr. Gomez
- Lollie Mara as Mamay Senya
- Eric Fructuoso as Tonio Rodriguez
- Maila Gumila as Atty. Angela Vidal
- Menggie Cobarrubias as Atty. Galvez
- Lander Vera Perez as Ted
- Claire Ruiz as Amanda
- Tom Olivar as Gary
- Jay Gonzaga as Engr. Comia
- David Chua as Nico Gomez
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Gina Meyers
- Chienna Filomeno as Maxene
- Jeric Raval as Dante Ordoñez
- Tart Carlos as Liezel
- Jojit Lorenzo as Percival "Percy" Moreno
- Pinky Amador as Atty. Thea Galvez (Tristan's lawyer)
- Nina Ricci Alagao as Atty. Villaruz
- Nina Medina as Judge Evangeline Diaz
- Jennica Garcia as Angel Faustino
- Manuel Chua as Kyle Faustino
- Yves Flores as Marlon Miranda
- Gilleth Sandico as Beth Miranda
- Valerie Concepcion as Cassandra
|PILOT EPISODE||FINALE EPISODE||PEAK||SOURCE|
The series was first announced on April 27, 2016 with a tentative title, Never Ever Say Goodbye. In August 2016, the drama's title was changed to Magpahanggang Wakas.
Magpahanggang Wakas marks the return of Jericho Rosales on primetime after his successful series Bridges of Love made waves in different Latin American countries, including Peru. Arci Muñoz returns in her second primetime series after her successful portrayal as Norma Elizondo in Pasión de Amor, a Philippine adaptation of Pasión de Gavilanes by Telemundo. It is also Rita Avila's comeback project on ABS-CBN four years after Walang Hanggan. Meanwhile, the melodrama is also Gelli de Belen and Danita Paner's first major primetime project since after leaving TV5.
- "I'll Never Say Goodbye".
- Lastrilla, Gary Ann (June 30, 2016). "Danita Paner to have a primetime show on ABS-CBN". Push. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- Lastrilla, Gary Ann (July 1, 2016). "Is Gelli de Belen open to working with husband Ariel Rivera at the Kapamilya network?". Push. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- Lastrilla, Gary Ann (June 29, 2016). "Marco Gumabao is praying for a love team partner that will click with fans". Push. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "NATIONAL TV RATINGS (SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 – MONDAY)". abscbnpr.com. September 20, 2016. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- "NATIONAL TV RATINGS (JANUARY 6-8, 2017)". abscbnpr.com. January 9, 2016. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- "Unang serye ni Arci at Jericho, may bagong nang titulo!". news.abscbn.com. August 25, 2016. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- "Magpahanggang Wakas shows love that withstands the test of time". abscbnpr.com. September 11, 2016. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- "'Magpahanggang Wakas' director opens up about working with wife Rita Avila". news.abscbn.com. September 14, 2016. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "ABS-CBN Primetime Bida: Simula ngayong September 19, 2016!". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. September 15, 2016. Retrieved September 18, 2016. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Trailer Untuk Selamanya (I'll Never Say Goodbye)".