Magsaysay, Lanao del Norte
|Municipality of Magsaysay|
Map of Lanao del Norte with Magsaysay highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||December 10, 1964|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Haironi D. Omar|
|• Vice Mayor||Wilson B. Patarlas|
|• Electorate||9,282 voters (2016)|
|• Total||151.83 km2 (58.62 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||130/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)63|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||68,145,052.48 (2016)|
Magsaysay, officially the Municipality of Magsaysay, is a 5th class municipality in the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 19,019 people.
Executive Order No. 389, s. 1960 (22 March 1960) created the municipal district of Magsaysay from the following barrios/sitios:
(from a previous edit) Originally, Tangcal is part of Municipality of Munai. Some of the barangay in Magsaysay is the same with Tangcal because of the same location. Mayor Macasamat Omar was undefeated Mayor in Magsaysay had also Mayor of municipality of Tangcal. Late Mamalampac Mangansan Mutia of municipality of Tangcal was major rival of Mayor Macasamat Omar in municipality of Tangcal before when Magsaysay in newly establish. The first mayor of the municipality is Mayor Lumantas who was then succeeded by Mayor Guimba Dimakuta. He was then succeeded by Mayor Abdul Rashid M. Dimaporo in an election whose candidacy was challenged by three other candidates namely; Macasamat Omar, Lampa Mutia and Seogal.
- Daan Campo
- Lower Caningag (Perimbangan)
- Poblacion (Bago-A-Ingud)
- Upper Caningag (Taguitingan)
|Population census of Magsaysay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Lanao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Lanao del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|