Magsaysay, Misamis Oriental
|Municipality of Magsaysay|
Magsaysay Municipal Public Bus Terminal
Map of Misamis Oriental with Magsaysay highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||July 1, 1948|
|Barangays||25 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Rey B. Buhisan|
|• Vice Mayor||Charlie B. Buhisan|
|• Congressman||Christian S. Unabia|
|• Electorate||20,804 voters (2016)|
|• Total||143.14 km2 (55.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||90.3 million (2016)|
Magsaysay, officially the Municipality of Magsaysay, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 34,605 people.
Magsaysay was formerly known as Linugos. It acquired its current name in 1957.
Magsaysay is politically subdivided into 25 barangays.
- Bonifacio Aquiño
- San Isidro
- San Vicente
- Santa Cruz
- Tulang (Cadena de Amor)
- Villa Felipa
|Population census of Magsaysay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Magsaysay, Misamis Oriental, was 34,605 people, with a density of 240 inhabitants per square kilometre or 620 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Misamis Oriental". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Linugos, Province of Misamis Oriental, to Magsaysay". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Misamis Oriental". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|