|Municipality of Magsaysay|
Map of Palawan with Magsaysay highlighted
|Region||Mimaropa (Region IV-B)|
|Barangays||11 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Rommel L. Dela Torre|
|• Electorate||6,842 voters (2016)|
|• Total||49.48 km2 (19.10 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||250/km2 (640/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)48|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
It is the easternmost of the three municipalities of the Cuyo Archipelago, and its territory includes the eastern half of Cuyo Island, as well as Alcoba, Canipo, Cocoro, Patunga, Paya, Putic, Siparay, Tacbubuc, and Tagauanian islands.
Magsaysay is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- Danawan (Poblacion)
- Los Angeles
- Lucbuan – one of the oldest barangays in Magsaysay. The Saint Michael Archangel Parish Church, where the town fiesta is celebrated, and Cuyo Airport are both located in Lucbuan.
|Population census of Magsaysay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Magsaysay, Palawan, was 12,196 people, with a density of 250 inhabitants per square kilometre or 650 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Palawan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Palawan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Mimaropa region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|