|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The biggest banayan tree (Pillalamarri), symbol of the district
|Founded by||Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI|
|Named for||Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI|
|• Body||Mahbubnagar Municipal Corporation|
|• Collector & District Magistrate||Dr. T. K. Sreedevi, IAS|
|• MLA||Srinivas Goud (TRS)|
|• MP||Jithender Reddy (TRS)|
|Elevation||498 m (1,634 ft)|
|• Density||167/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||0.973 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mahbubnagar|
Mahabubnagar is a city in Mahabubnagar district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the headquarters of Mahabubnagar mandal in Mahabubnagar revenue division. The city is also the largest in the district with an area of 98.64 km2 (38.09 sq mi) and 7th most populous in the state.
Mahabubnagar is also known with the name, Palamoor.
Mahabubnagar is located at  It has an average elevation of 498 metres (1633 feet). The city of Mahabubnagar is located at a distance of 98 km from Hyderabad 108 km from Kurnool and 109 km from Raichur..
Mahabubnagar municipality is the civic body of the city, which was constitured in 1942 as a third grade municipality. It was upgraded to second grade in 1959, to first grade in 1983 and finally to Special grade municipality in 2004. It is spread over an area of 98.64 km2 (38.09 sq mi). Mahbubnagar urban agglomeration consists of Mahbubnagar municipality, census towns of Boyapalle, Yenugonda and the out growths of Mahbubnagar (rural) (full), Yedira (part) village.
The city is connected to major cities and towns by means of road and railways. National and state highways that pass through the city are NH 167, State highway 20 and 23. TSRTC operates buses to various destinations from Mahabubnagar bus station of the city. The city has rail connectivity with the presence of Mahabubnagar Main Station, Mahabubnagar Town, Yenugonda Station and Diviti Pally Stations.
- Gona Budda Reddy  – Poet and king (13th Century)
- Burgula Ramakrishna Rao – first elected Chief Minister of Hyderabad State
- Suravaram Pratap Reddy – freedom fighter and writer
- Jaipal Reddy – politician
- Kapilavai Lingamurthy – Poet and Writer
- Bulemoni Venkateshwarlu – writer and journalist
- Goreti Venkanna – writer and singer
- Ravula Chandra Sekar Reddy – politician
- Nagam Janardhan Reddy – politician
- Manda Jagannadham – politician
- Jupally Krishna Rao – politician
- Ravula Ravindranath Reddy – politician
- Revanth Reddy – politician
- Raja Bahadur Venkatarama Reddy – kotwal
- Raghavender Rao - Freedom Fighter – Narayanpet
- "Basic Information". Official website of Mahabubnagar Municipality. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "District Census Handbook – Mahabubnagar" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12–13. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Mahabubnagar Municipality". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department. Archived from the original on 25 November 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "About Mahabubnagar". Official website of Mahabubnagar Municipality. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Mahbubnagar.html". fallingrain.com.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department. Government of Telangana. Archived from the original on 22 May 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Bus Stations". TSRTC. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- C.Chandra Kanth Rao. "Encyclopedia in Telugu (Gona Buddha Reddy)". cckraopedia.blogspot.in.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mahbubnagar.|