|• Total||397.67 km2 (153.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||580/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Mohadevpur (Bengali: মহাদেবপুর) is an Upazila of Naogaon District in the Division of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Mohadevpur is located at . It has 46642 households and total area 397.67 km² and its bounded by Patnitala on the north, Manda and Naogaon Sadar upazilas on the south, Badalgachhi and Naogaon Sadar upazilas on the east and Niamatpur and Porsha upazilas on the west. Main rivers are Atrai; Chatra Beel and Bachna Kharie are noted. Mohadevpur (Town) consists of four mouzas. The area of the town is 7.15 km2.
Mahadevpur is located at Patnitala on the north, Manda and Naogaon Sadar upazilas on the south, Badalgachhi and Naogaon Sadar upazilas on the east and Niamatpur and Porsha upazilas on the west. Main river is Atrai. Chatra Beel and Bachnar Khari are also to be noted.. It has 46642 households and total area 397.67 km² and its bounded by
Mahadevpur (town) consists of four mouzas. The area of the town is 7.15 km2.
Formerly its name was Jahangirpur. As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Mohadevpur has a population of 232359. Males constitute 51.06% of the population, and females 48.94%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 125115. Mohadevpur has an average literacy rate of 27.8% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Art and culture
Cultural organizations Public library 1, rural club 15, theater group 1, cinema hall 3, woman's association 1, jatra party 1, women welfare association 1 and playground 30.
The only public library of Mohadevpur is situated adjacent to the Upazila Parishad office.
Main occupations Agriculture 52.24%, agricultural labourer 29.99%, commerce 7.26%, wage labourer 1.49%, service 2.2%, others 6.82%. Land use Agricultural land 30386 hectares; fallow land 375 hectares. Single crop 25%, double crop 41% and treble crop land 34%. Land under irrigation 83%. Land control Among the peasants 20% are rich, 24% medium, 30% marginal, 26% landless. Value of land Market value of land of first grade is Tk 6000 per 0.01 hectare. Tour organization 1.Notable only one tour organization is We are fearless.
Points of interest
- Mohadevpur Central Shaheed Minar
- Zila Parishad Dak Banglow
- Mohadevpur Rajbari
Mahadevpur thana, now an upazila, was established in 1898. It consists of 10 union parishads, 300 villages and 307 mouzas.
The district is divided into 10 unions:
- Mohadevpur Union
- Uttargram Union
- Enayetpur Union
- Khajur Union
- Chandas Union
- Cheragpur Union
- Bhimpur Union
- Roygaon Union
- Safapur Union
- Hatur Union
The name of administrative officers; UNO: Upazila Chairman:Riasat Haider Tagor The name of union Chairmans 1. MD. Abdul Mannan Chaudhury Dulal (Chairman,Mohadevpur UP) 2. (Chairman,Hatur UP) 3. (Chairman,Khajur UP) 4. (Chairman,Chandash UP) 5. (Chairman,Raigaon UP) 6. (Chairman,Enayetpur UP) 7.Md. Samsul Alam(Bachu) (Chairman,Sofapur UP) 8.Sheikh Shah Alom Faisal (Chairman,Uttargram UP) 9.MD.ASRAK ALI (panel chairman,Charagpur UP) 10.Ram Prosad Vaddra (Chairman,Vimpur UP)
Literacy rate and educational institutions Average literacy 27.4%; male 35.4% and female 19.8%. Educational institutions: college 5, high school 39, government primary school 84, non-government high school 41, madrasa 21.
Major educational institutes include:
- Mohadevpur Sarba Mongala (Pilot) High School (1921)
- Jahangirpur Govt. College (1967)
- Chandash Degree College (1994)
- Arif Memorial College (2001)
- Raigaon Degree College
- Bharaduba Akther Hamid Siddique High School (1993)
- Jahangirpur Model High School (1983)
- Saraswatipur High School (1940)
- Bachra Primary School (1900)
- Gongarampur High School
- Khanpur Haji Dhonej Uddin High School
Upazila Health & Family Planning Officer: Dr. Aktharuzzaman Alal
1. Dr. Suvasish Das (Sumon), Assistant Professor, BSMMU 2. Dr. Bibekanondo Ghosh (Opu) 3. Dr. Ranjon Chowdhury 4. Dr. Rakibul Hasan 5. Dr. Prottus Kumar Mondal 6. Dr. Debashis biswas
In Mohadevpur upazila some Private & Govt. Organization give computer & Information Technology support. Now IT support given in public by- Mohadevpur.Net, Xpert-IT, Upazila Tottho Kendro, Moderncomputer TI & GPCIC etc. There is only one LPT (Eng. Anwar Hosen) in Bangladesh born in Mohadevpur .
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- Chittaranjan Mandal (2012). "Mahadebpur Upazila". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Kazi Mustafijur Rahman (2012). "Mahadevpur Zamindari". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.