|Elevation||860 m (2,820 ft)|
|Last eruption||1895 (disputed)|
Mahagnao Volcano also known as part of (Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park) is a dormant volcano located in the Barangay Mahagnao part of the municipality of Burauen province of Leyte, Philippines. It is also bounded by the municipalities of La Paz and MacArthur. The area is mostly composed of wetland forests and also the birth of many rivers and streams flowing on many part of Burauen and on its neighboring towns.
Because of the abundance of fresh waters on its area, Burauen was also known as the Spring Capital of Leyte.
On the southern flank of the volcano, two crater lakes are located, Lakes Danao and Malagsom. Hot Springs are located on the southern shore of Lake Danao (not to be confused with the other Lake Danao which is located near Ormoc City and part of Lake Danao Natural Park). Lake Malagsom is a crater lake with green acidic water.
Rocks primarily found on the volcano are andesite.
An eruption was reported to have occurred in 1895 but no further details are available.
Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) classifies Mahagnao as inactive volcano even with the active thermal features of the mountain.
Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park
Mahagnao Volcano is the focal point of the Mahagnao Volcano National Park created on August 27, 1937 with Proclamation No. 184 with an area encompassing 635 hectares (1,570 acres). Under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, the park was renamed to Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park with Proclamation No. 1157 on February 3, 1998.
- List of active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of protected areas of the Philippines
- "Inactive Volcanoes, Part 5". PHIVOLCS. Retrieved on 2011-08-14.
- Cayubit, Primo A. (7 February 2016). "DENR-8 spearheads Mahagnao Festival". The FreeMan. The Philippine Star. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
... the volcano straddles the towns of Burauen and La Paz and is bounded by MacArthur town. The MVNP has two volcanic crater lakes, Mahagnao and Malagsum.
- "Mahagnao - Eruption History". Global Volcanism Program. Retrieved on 2011-08-11.
- "NIPAS Initial Components". Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau. Retrieved on 2011-08-02.
- "Protected Areas of Region 8". Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau. Retrieved on 2011-08-02.