From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word Mahakavi or Maha Kavi is an honorific and means "Great Poet." Below are prominent poets upon whom this title has been bestowed:
- Mahakavi Series Television series on ABP news anchored by renowned poet Kumar Vishwas
- K.V. Simon (7 February 1883 – 1944)
- Kālidāsa, a 5th-century Sanskrit playwright and epic poet
- P. C. Devassia, (1906–2006), a Sanskrit scholar and poet
- Laxmi Prasad Devkota, a Nepali poet.
- Moyinkutty Vaidyar, a Malayalam poet
- Vidyapati, (1352–1448), also known as the Maithil Kokil Vidyapati (Vidyapati, the cuckoo of Maithili), famous for his poems in Maithili language.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mahakavi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.