|Nickname(s): Temple Layout|
|• Total||1.46756 km2 (0.56663 sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 02|
Mahalakshmi Layout is a suburb in north-west Bengaluru, India. It is near Rajajinagar, Basaveshwaranagar and Yeshwanthapura. Together with Nandini Layout and Mahalakshmipuram, it is one of the biggest layouts in Bengaluru. The famous temple of Lord Hanuman etched on a single monolith stone is a prominent temple in this area. True to its name, there is also temple in the name of goddess Mahalakshmi. This area has a few people well known in Bangalore as its residents the most popular .
It has been attributed with many sobriquets such as "Layout of Hills","Twin Layout" and "Temple Layout". There are around 10 temples within a radius of 200 meters in this layout. Mahalakshmi Layout is one of the most popular locations for shooting Kannada movies and TV serials.
While traveling from Malleswaram to Peenya Industrial area (Peenya is a suburb where many corporates have factories, manufacturing units and R & D centres are located), people use Mahalakshmi Layout as a shortcut to Dasarahalli,
Great Products with economical prices are available in Global Tech 15th Cross. Schools such as Little Lillys and East West, Lourdes high school educate the children of Mahalakshmi Layout.
A huge residential apartment complex Ashoka Heights, a project of the Ashok Leyland group has been constructed in Mahalakshmi layout on Shankar Nagar Main Road. Another residential complex, Temple Bells, is located close to Government soap factory, Yeshwanthapura.
Real estate in Mahalakshmi layout is currently in a boom phase as it is approximately 3–4 km from Rajaji Nagar, Malleshwaram and Yeshwantpur. ISKCON temple is located very close to Mahalakshmi Layout. Shankar Nagar is one of the prime residential areas in Bengaluru is also located in Mahalakshmi layout which has its own play ground and a very well maintained park at 9th Main Road of Shankar Nagar.
- Mahalakshmi Layout is well connected by BMTC buses to all other parts of the city.
- There is a Namma Metro station at Mahalakshmi Layout named as Mahalakshmi metro station.
Mahalakshmi Layout Forum
Mahalakshmi Layout Forum is a 20 years old forum located on the Narasimharaju Road of Mahalakshmi Layout. It has facilities such as a swimming pool, snooker table, Bar & restaurant, badminton court, and guest rooms.
- ISKCON Sri Radha Krishna-chandra Temple
- Sri Prasanna Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple (Golden Hanuman temple)
- Venkateshwara Temple (also known as Chikka Tirupathi)
- Panchamukhi Ganapathi Temple
- Shiva temple
- Subramanya Swamy Temple
- Ayyappa Temple
- Vasavi Temple
- Karumariamma Temple
- Shani Mahatma Temple
- Shree Mookambika Temple
- Guruvaayupur temple (Sri vaishnava) where a lot of activities go on throughout the year. It is just opposite to ISKCON
- Shankarnagar Ganapathi Temple
- Sai Baba Temple in APMC Yard
- Vaishno Devi Temple
- Saraswatipura Ganesha Temple
- Sanmitra Ganapati Temple
- Sai Baba Temple in Ganesha block
Places of interest
- Orion Mall
- Mahalakshmi Layout Swimming Pool
- Kamalamma Gundi (Playground)
- Tibetan Centre
- APMC Market
- Global Tech
- Big Bazaar
- Health & Happiness (Shankarnagar Main Road, Opp. to Punjab Maharashtra Co-operative Bank)
- Hotel Rathnam
- Mahalakshmi Refereshments
- Food Junction
- Bangarpet Chats
- Masala Puri Stall (Near Sri Prasanna Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, a.k.a. Kitty Pani Puri)
- Nandini Bakery & Sweets
- Mahalakshmi Layout Thatte Idly Hotel
- Davangere benne dose near sreenivas temple bus stop
- Karnataka Bank
- Corporation Bank
- State Bank of Mysore
- HDFC Bank
- Canara Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Janatha Co-Operative Bank
- Sri Vasavi Credit Co-Operative Society
- Sri Kengal Credit Co-Operative Society
- Mahalakshmi Layout Post Office
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of India
|Laggere||Rajajinagar 1st N Block|
|ORR||Basaveshwaranagar||Rajajinagar 1st Block|