Superfast Express |
|First service||22 January 2016|
|Current operator(s)||Indian Railways|
Air Conditioned & |
Yes. Only In |
Bhopal-Khajuraho Mahamana Express
|Catering facilities||Available On-Board Food, Drinks & Snacks.|
|Rolling stock||Indian Railway ModelRake coaches|
|Track gauge||Indian Gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
Maximum : 110 km/h (62 mph)
This train is named after and in honor to Pt. Shri Madan Mohan Malaviya (Mahamana), a freedom fighter & an educationist who established Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, which is one of the Asia's largest residential universities.
The first Mahamana Express train, Varanasi - New Delhi - Varanasi was flagged off by Shri. Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India on January 22, 2016 from Varanasi Junction through video conferencing.
The purpose of this train service is to provide passengers a much comfortable travel experience and connect metro cities to those small cities & stations under Indian Railways network which have less number of train services.
- Toilet: Bigger mirror, platform wash basin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fans, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilet, All the toilets are fitted with bio toilets, in line with Indian Railways' vision to make tracks defecation free.
- Ladder: Ergonomically designed Ladders for climbing up to upper berths provided in all coaches.
- Side berths: Snack tables provided for side berth passengers also with innovative design side lower berth arrangement.
- Windows: Windows with powered venetian blinds and roller blind instead of conventional curtains.
- Lighting: LED based berth indicators for reserved coaches, and all other illumination.
- Charging Points: Charging points made available for every berth.
- Safety: Fire extinguishers in all coaches.
- Pantry Car: Modular pantry with electric chimneys.
On three routes were Mahamana Express are running and one routes the train is running as holiday special.
|Train No.||Name||Service frequency|
|22417/22418||Varanasi - New Delhi Mahamana Express||5|
|22163/22164||Bhopal - Khajuraho Mahamana Superfast Express||7|
|20903/20904||Vadodara - Varanasi Mahamana Express||1|
|19319/19320||Veraval - Indore Mahamana Express||1|
- "Mahamana Express: Images of swanky new coaches will have you saying 'wow'! Check out what's new". The Financial Express. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|