Mahamaya irrigation project
|Catchment area||3360 hectare|
Mahamaya irrigation project (Bengali: মহামায়া সেচ প্রকল্প) is an irrigation project in Bangladesh situated at Durgapur Union, Mirsharai Upazila, Chittagong. Initiated in the 2007-2008 financial year, the project provides irrigation water to a 3360 hectare area. It cost about 230 million taka and construction was completed in 2009. This project was inaugurated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in 29 December 2010. It is the second largest man made lake in Bangladesh after Kaptai Lake and also a beautiful visiting spot.
The project also provided recreational areas. Though it's the second largest man-made lake in our country, people visit this lake on weekends. In Mirsorai Upazila there's no place for people to pass their leisure time. From that point of view, it is a good resource. 
- "মিরসরাই মহামায়া প্রকল্প (Mahamaya irrigation project)". Kaler Kantho. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "PM to visit Ctg Wednesday: Mohamaya irrigation project to be on". banglanews24.com. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Hasina lampoons Khaleda's opulence". bdnews24.com. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Govt to install hydropower plant in Ctg". Daily Sun. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Development of Renewable Energy Technologies by BPDB". Bangladesh Power Development Board. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- Development of Renewable Energy Technologies by BPDB
- Bangladesh: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper By International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- The Bay Belongs to Bangladesh - Energy & Power
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|