Mahanagar Telephone Mauritius Limited
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founded||14 November 2003|
|Sanjay Garg (CEO)|
|Revenue||Approximately 188.8mn Mauritian rupees 2007-2008|
|Parent||Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)|
Mahanagar Telephone Mauritius Limited (MTML) is a telecommunications and Internet service provider in Mauritius, a small republic in the Indian Ocean.Mahanagar Telephone Mauritius Limited (MTML) was founded in 2003 by MTNL an Indian Government-owned telephone service provider. MTNL has set up its 100% subsidiary, Mahanagar Telephone Mauritius Limited(MTML) in Mauritius, for providing basic, mobile and international long distance services as second operator in Mauritius. Necessary licenses were obtained in January 2004. MTML has, since 2005, already started its ILD[disambiguation needed] & CDMA based basic services in Mauritius. In Mauritius, 144,312 telephone connections are actually operational from a total switching capacity of 200,000. Moreover, through joint ventures with local telecommunications providers, MTML also to offer internet access through its wireless network to its users from February 2007. The MTML was incorporated as private domestic company at Mauritius on 14.11.2003 with an authorized capital of MUR 600M and the paid up capital as on 31.3.2008 stands as MUR 436.5 Million. The company is having License from the telecom regulatory ICTA for Fixed Telephone Services, Mobile Services, International Long Distance Services and Internet Services. It has Installed 100K state of art technology CDMA IX & IX EVDO switch and additional 100K for GSM, with a radio network of 103 Base stations. The system is equipped to provide value added services viz., SMS, DATA, Multi Media service
Telecom Services provided by MTML
- - Fixed Wireless Telephone
- - CDMA Mobile Service under brand name "MOKOZE MOBILE"
- - International Direct Dialing by Calling Cards
- - Dial-Up Internet through Fixed Wireless Phones under brand name "MTML INTERNET EXPRESS SERVICE".
- - Broadband Internet service through EVDO Data card and USB card / PC Card under the brand name "MTML AZU Broadband"
- - GSM/3G Mobile Service under brand name "CHILI GSM"
The Company is second operator in Fixed Line and third operator in Mobile and one among the seven ILD operators.The company is equipped with call centre (10 positions) and 10 Customer Care centres all over the island and started its operations in the year 2005-2006 partially. The full operations of the company started from March 2007.
- The company had the following customer base as of 31.3.2008.
- - Fixed Wireless Phones 26,710
- - Mobile 8,901
- - International Long Distance (through CAC) 5,708
- - Internet Customers 2,993
- The company earned a gross revenue of MUR 188.8M from services during the year 2007-08 and just broke even during the year 2007-08.
- The Fixed assets of the company as of 31.3.2008 MUR 445.27 M.
- (English)