Maharaja Agrasen College
|University of Delhi|
|Principal||Dr. Sunil Sondhi|
|Location||East Delhi, India|
|Campus||Vasundhara Enclave 110096
10-acre (4.0 ha)
Maharaja Agrasen College was established in 1994 with the objective of catering to the educational requirements of a densely populated East Delhi. The college is fully funded by the Government of india. The college has now shifted to its modern and spacious building complex covering 10 acres (40,000 m2) in Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi. It includes an auditorium, a computer centre, fully computerized library, laboratories, and a conference hall. The new building complex has acquired several new facilities like an Information and Communication Technology Center, a Language Laboratory, a Media Laboratory, an Indira Gandhi Open University Center, and a University Grants Commission Research Center among others. The college also provides residential facilities for girl students.
In 2013, Maharaja Agrasen College was awarded with the Best College Award by the University of Delhi for its good practices towards creating the best academic environment amongst all the colleges of the University. The Award was given by the Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, on February 24, 2013, in the presence of Vice-Chancellor, University of Delhi, Dinesh Singh. In the same event i.e. 'Antardhvani'.In 2014 it again won second position in ANTARDHVANI.
The College offers admission to the following courses :
In 2013, Maharaja Agrasen College, as a constituent college of the University of Delhi, introduced a four year undergraduate programme but in 2014, FYUP rolled back and Now College provides these Undergraduate Programs:
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor’s in Journalism
- Bachelor's in business economics
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor's with Honors in Mathematics(FYUP)
- Bachelor;s in Mathematical science
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor's with Honors in Commerce
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)/BSc.
- Bachelor's in Technology with Honors in Computer Science
- Bachelor's in Technology with Honors in Electronics
- Indian Journal of Social Enquiry is the quarterly interdisciplinary journal of the college
- Agranika is the annual magazine of the college
- Macroscope is the monthly newsletter of the Dept. of Journalism of the college
- Agrasar is the magazine of NSS unit at Maharaja Agrasen College
- BEAM is the magazine of business economics and management studies department of college
- "List of colleges affiliated to Delhi University". Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "A news paper article about the new campus". Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "The official college website enumerating the courses offered by the college". Retrieved January 3, 2012.