Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||G. N. Rangarajan|
|Produced by||G. N. Rangarajan|
|Story by||Gopu Babu|
|Edited by||K. R. Ramalingam|
|Distributed by||Kumaravel Films|
Maharasan is a 1993 Tamil-language comedy film produced, directed and co-written by G. N. Rangarajan. The film features Kamal Haasan and Bhanupriya in the lead roles, while Ramesh Aravind and Raghavi play supporting roles. The film released in March 1993. The film was dubbed in Telugu as Rowdy Bullodu.
- Kamal Haasan as Vadivelu
- Bhanupriya as Selvi
- V. K. Ramasamy as Paramasivan
- Ramesh Aravind as Ramesh
- Goundamani as Govindan
- Senthil as Sangu pillai
- Vadivelu as Kasab Kadai Vadivelu's assistant
- Raghavi as Rani
- Chandrasekhar as Sekar
- Vadivukkarasi as Vadivu
- Vinu Chakravarthy
- Jai Ganesh
Kamal Haasan worked again with director G. N. Rangarajan for the fifth and last time after a twelve-year break following three previous collaborations in Kalyanaraman (1979), Ellam Inba Mayyam (1981), Kadal Meengal (1981) and Meendum Kokila (1981). Kamal did this film only to bail out Rangarajan from financial problems, and did not get a salary for this project.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack, Film score|
|1.||"Arachu Arachu"||Mano, S. Janaki||05:06|
|2.||"Avana Ivana"||Malaysia Vasudevan||04:20|
|3.||"Entha Velu"||Malaysia Vasudevan, K. S. Chithra||05:04|
|4.||"Rakoozhi Koovum"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||04:59|
|5.||"Rasa Maharasa"||Malaysia Vasudevan, Minmini||04:23|
- "Rowdy Bullodu Telugu full movie". Santhosh Videos. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Prasad, Ayyappa (5 March 1993). "For the fronbenchers". The Indian Express. p. 11.
- "Kamal A2Z: Ellam Inba Mayam". Allthingskamal.info. Archived from the original on 12 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Vijiyan, K. (13 March 1993). "Kamal Hassan goes for the laughs". New Straits Times. p. 13.
- RAJAN (22 January 1998). "IR's new albums". tfmpage. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Maharasan (1993)". Music India Online. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|