Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Aditya Kumar Mishra|
|Location||Seminary HIlls, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
MAFSU formally notified on 17 November 2000 was established under the State Act No. 1998 (Mah XVII of 1998) on 3 December 2000. This university is one of the pioneer institutes related to Veterinary Research and Extension in Central India. It is envisioned that by 2025, the MAFSU will be a globally recognized University of Excellence, specializing in animal, veterinary, dairy and fishery sciences and technologies.
The university was carved out of the four Agricultural Universities in the State by transferring five Veterinary colleges, one postgraduate Institute and one dairy technology college, a dairy technology institute and a diploma institute.
Among these veterinary facilities are:
- Nagpur Veterinary College, Nagpur ()
- Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai ()
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Parbhani ()
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Udgir ()
- Krantisinh Nana Patil College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal ()
- Post graduate Institute, Akola ()