Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
|Type||Autonomous Board of Education|
The Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) is an autonomous board of education in the state of Maharashtra, India. It designs and implements diploma, post diploma and advanced diploma programs to affiliated institutions. The board was established in 1963 to cater the increasing needs of affiliated institutions and their students.
The establishment of a separate board responsible for higher education dates back to 1963. Before the country's independence for British Raj, diploma courses in Engineering and Technology were provided institutions like the College of Engineering, Pune, Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune and Government Polytechnic, Nagpur. A Directorate of Technical Education was set up in 1948 to control technical education in all levels. As industrial development increased, the demand for diploma courses also did, and the government established a separate Board of Technical Examinations in August 1963. It was later renamed to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education and given an autonomous status in 1999.
MSBTE conduct Summer and Winter Exams every six months. The Summer exams are held during April/May Month and Winter exams are held during November/December month.
All polytechnic institutes in the maharashtra are affiliated to MSBTE, out of which 43 are Government Polytechnic institutes. A total of 19 institutes are affiliated to the board for the academic year 2013-2014.
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- M.H. Saboo Siddik, Byculla, Mumbai
- Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Polytechnic, Chembur, Mumbai
- V.E.S. Polytechnic, Chembur, Mumbai
- Government Polytechnic, Pune
- Vidya Prasarak Mandals Polytechnic, Thane
- Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Government Polytechnic, Karad
- Government Polytechnic, Kolhapur
- Institute of Civil and Rural Engineering, Gargoti
- Government Polytechnic, Ratnagiri
- Government Polytechnic, Solapur
- P.L. Government Polytechnic, Latur
- Government Polytechnic, Dhule
- Government Polytechnic, Jalgaon
- Government Polytechnic, Aurangabad
- Government Polytechnic, Nanded
- Government Polytechnic, Khamgaon.
- St John college of engineering and technology palghar
- SSVPS College of Engineering and Polytechnic, Dhule
- Mandar Education Society, Maharashtra
- Sandip Polytechnic, Nashik
- MSBTE official website
- MSBTE informational Website
- List of Government Polytechnic Colleges in Maharashtra
- Link to Previous question papers and Model answers of MSBTE exams
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education. "About MSBTE". Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State. "Present Status of Technical Education". Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- MSBTE. "Institute Search For Year 2013". Retrieved 16 May 2014.