Maharashtra State Power Generation Company
|Founded||June 6, 2005 (As MSEB was trifurcated)|
|Headquarters||Bandra, Mumbai, India|
|Chandrashekhar Krishnarao Bawankule Chairman , Shri Bipin Shrimali Managing Director|
|Revenue||Approx Rs. 7400 Crore|
Number of employees
|Parent||Government Of Maharashtra|
The Mahanirmiti (महानिर्मिती) or Mahagenco (Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Limited - MSPGCL)formerly known as MSEB ( Maharashtra State Electricity Board) is the major power generating company in the state of Maharashtra, Western India. With a total generation of 10,737 MW, it is the second largest power producing company in India. The power generated by Mahagenco is supplied to the State of Maharashtra. It was a part of Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) until 06th June 2005.
It has been incorporated under Indian Companies Act 1956 pursuant to decision of Govt. of Maharashtra to reorganize Erstwhile Maharashtra State Electricity Board. Mahagenco has been incorporated in June 2005.
Mahagenco has the highest overall generation capacity and the highest thermal installed capacity amongst all the state power generation utilities in India. In terms of installed capacity, it is the second highest generation company after National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPCL). Mahagenco is the only State Utility having a very well balanced generation portfolio involving thermal, hydel & gas stations along with solar power plant. The first 500 MW plant to be installed in any State Utility belongs to Maharashtra.
Power Stations operated by Mahagenco
Thermal Power Stations Coal based
- Planned / Under Development
Thermal Power Stations Gas based
- Uran Gas Turbine Power Station - 4X108, 2X120 = 672MW
Hydro Power Stations
- "Industries in Maharashtra may face `staggering' load shedding every week". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "Supercritical equipment award from India's second largest electricity generator". Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Super User. "Our History - Maharashtra State Power Generation Co. Ltd.". Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Nitin Gonnade. "About Us - Maharashtra State Power Generation Co. Ltd.". Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- "New Koradi power unit boiler fired". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Official site
- official detailed summary of all generating power plants
- official links to various power plants
- Maharashtra State Electricity Board
- Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited
- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited