Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chancellor||Dr. Tarsem Garg (Hon.)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. S.G. Damle|
|Location||Mullana, Ambala, Haryana, India
217 acres (0.9 km2)
|Affiliations||UGC , AICTE|
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana is NAAC accredited 'A' grade deemed university at Mullana near Ambala in the state of Haryana, India. Erstwhile known as Maharishi Markandeshwar Education Trust, it was founded with the objective of "social, educational and economic upliftment of society" in 1993 by Maharishi Markandeshwar Ji. The Maharishi Markandeshwar Educatational Trust established the first self-financing Engineering College, first self-financing Medical College and the first Self Financing Deemed University in the state of Haryana.
The campuses of Maharishi Markandeshwar University has following campuses
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana in Ambala is Main Campus
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Sadopur, Ambala
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Group of Institutes, Karnal Campus
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Solan Campus
Constituent institutions on the main campus which come under this university include:
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Modelling
- Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Dental Sciences & Research
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Engineering College
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (Hotel Management)
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (MCA)
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Management
- Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Nursing
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Law
- Maharishi Markandeshwar International School
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Film Acting
These institutes are also approved by the regulatory bodies, such as Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, Indian Nursing Council, Indian Association of Physiotherapist and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
|Play grounds||Yes Cricket Ground, Football Ground,basketball ground|
|wifi||Yes, Whole Campus|
|sports complex||Yes(7 gyms,1 swimming pool,8 Game arenas)|
|Post office||Yes( Fast Post Pin code-133207)|
|Hospital||Yes(830 bedded multi speciality OPD,X-Ray,Cancer Special)|
|Auditorium||2 with 11 seminar halls|
|Transportation||Yes(80 buses fleet)|
The campus has two shopping centers with two Banks namely Oriental Bank of Commerce and State Bank of India Branch with ATM facilities also by PNB besides Post office with Speed-Post service, Petrol Outlet by Indian Oil and eating shops by renowned brands such as, Café Coffee Day, Nescafé,Dosa plaza, Pizza Hub, pizziano, The Kathi Roll to provide basic amenities. Two Auditoriums with seating capacity of about 200 and 250 persons respectively are available on the Campus. In addition, an open air theater is also available with a capacity of about 2500 person.
A 5-star Facility Hotel-cum-Resort MM Continental opened to provide accommodation to visitors and corporate. The hotel is currently managed under the guidance of Ms. Meenakshi Garg. This Hotel has 48 Keys.This hotel has 2 Restaurants,The World Cuisine Restaurant known as SUGAR N SPICE & Indian Specialty Restaurant name as ZAFRAN.
The university is located in Mullana. There is a major university road that connects the town to the university. Many local taxis, cabs, HSRTC buses and private buses are available to reach the university The university has arranged for bus services for students and staff from nearby cities such as Ambala, Chandigarh, Jagadhari, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panchkula, Yamunanagar, Bilaspur-Sadhaura, Patiala etc.
- List of medical colleges in Haryana
- State University of Performing And Visual Arts
- State Institute of Film and Television