Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools
Hi All, MVM school has now started with new branch at Choolai. Initially the session are created based on random selection but now they are now changing the sections based on 2nd language Tamil and Hindhi which looks like unfair to the students now from the 1st standard onwards they are dividing the students.
The central offices for MVMs are located on the Maharishi Centre for Educational Excellence (MCEE) campus in Lambakheda, near Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. Regional Offices are located in Allahabad, Haridwar, Jabalpur, Kurukhestra, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Bhopal. The MVMs have locations in Ratanpur, Bhopal and Madhya Pradesh are reported to include on-campus housing for teachers and students as part of their in-residence school program. In 2009, MVMS celebrated its 27th year in operation. The Lucknow campus was founded in 1984. They have schools even in Chennai and Hosur.
The Maharishi Center for Educational Excellence in Bhopal is said to be the first K-12 school in the Maharishi Vidya Mandir School system. As of 2000, the school had grown to include 500 to 600 students. Maharishi Vidya Mandir Ratanpur is a senior secondary CBSE affiliated school with hostel facility in Ratanpur, Bhopal, India. and its principal is B.S. Guleria. In July 2013 five of its in-residence students drowned in the Betwa river while on an unsupervised outing. The school warden admitted to negligence in granting permission for the outing which was intended to be a trip to a "coaching institute."
This school's Eco Club is a member of the National Green Corps program and is also recognized by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests. In December 2009, the school conducted a "National Pollution Prevention Day". The school and the Eco Club organized an all-day program which included competitions, films and exhibitions, all with an environmental theme. The Eco Club also conducted a "cleanliness drive" whose purpose was to collect all the polythene packets from around the school and, with the support of school authorities, the Eco Club declared their school campus a “no polythene zone”. The event was attended by Purnima Devi Barman, who is an environmental educator from Aaranya. Barman gave a presentation on the endangered animal species of Northeastern India.
Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Hyderabad, is situated in the Kondapur area of Hyderabad on seven acres of land. Vasanthy Parasuraman is the principal. She received the CBSE National Award for Teachers in 2010.
Maharishi School of excellence (MSE) Chennai was established in the year 2010. MSE Chennai is located at Thiruverkadu, P.T.C. Colony, Pallavan Nagar area of Chennai in 4.54 acres of land. The school is reported to have vast infrastructure state of the art facilities including Meditation hall, Yoga hall. The Maharishi School of Excellence Chennai is running under the aegis of registered society "Maharishi Shiksha Sansthan" and it is a part of Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools. It seamlessly integrates Maharishi's Supreme Science of Life-Vedic Science and Technology in its curriculum.
Maharishi Vidya Mandir is located at three locations in Chennai: Chetpet, Sriperumbudur and near Mahindra City. The school operating at Sriperumbudur is an international school with boarding facilities. Maharishi International Residential School located at Sriperumbudur is also a branch of MVM group of schools. The school consistently produces top ranks in CBSE board examinations as well as national level entrance exams like the JEE (Mains and Advanced) in partnership with FIITJEE.
These schools are major players in the school quizzing circle of Chennai where they have won quizzes of both regional and national level like Texas Instruments Science and Technology Quiz 2015, the RBIQ,Murugappa Madras Quotient Quiz ,Times Science Quiz 2015,2016,Vina Vidal Vettai season 1(runners up), Landmark Quiz etc.They also have participted in sports competition and have won district prizes in volleyball
In 2009, a student at the Maharishi Vidya Mandir School of Silpukhuri, Guwahati took first prize at the State Level Science Fair and received the "best state child scientist award". In December, the school celebrated the mathematician Srinivas Ramanujan in conjunction with Abacus, a children's math society. Speakers included, Ranjana Choudhury, retired chairman of the department of mathematics at Handique Girls College and Indira Bordoloi, the director at Handique Girls College. In 2010, an MVMs student received recognition at the Eastern Indian Science Fair at the Birla Industrial and Technological Museum in Calcutta for inventing a method of creating low cost candles from Nahar seeds.
The Maharishi Vidya Mandir School located in Hosur was created in June 1983, and began with three teachers and 85 students. It is reported to have grown to 150 teachers and 4,600 students. The campus consists of 60 acres (240,000 m2) near the edge of the town of Hosur. It has 110 classrooms, some laboratories, a library, an audio visual center, and a computer lab with Internet. The school accepts students up to the senior secondary level.
In 2011, parents of students at the Yamunagar school protested a proposed move to a new school building on a dangerous highway. Also in 2011, teachers from a Maharishi Vidya Mandir School collaborated with teachers from the USA under the Teachers’ Achievement and Excellence Programme of the US State Department and International Research and Exchange.
In February 2012 a class 6 student from Maharishi Vidya Mandir in Chetpet, won the city finale of the HDFC Life Spell Bee, India Spells 2012, a competition jointly held by The Times of India and Horlicks.
MVMS follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) course pattern and the normal curriculum of Hindi/Regional Language/English medium public schools. The academic program also includes the practice of Transcendental Meditation and the study of the Veda and the literature about the Veda. In addition, Sanskrit is considered a compulsory subject for students at MVMS. The goal of Maharishi Vidya Mandir Schools is to provide an educational program which allows the students to feel at home with everything and achieve success.
Extracurricular activities at MVMS include yoga, arts and crafts, chess, dance, music, handball, table tennis and creative writing. In 2009, 36 students from two of MVMs's schools participated in a five-day learning program at the space centers in the cities of Houston and Orlando, USA. In 2010, a cultural centre was inaugurated at the Silpukhuri branch school.
- Official MVMS web site Archived 2010-05-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Hindu, December 29, 2009
- Official web site for Lucknow campus
- K-12 Education web site the-lower-school Archived 2014-01-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- MVM Ratanpur Hostel Facility Archived 2013-07-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ganguly, Rageshri (July 8, 2013). "New members of Sahodaya elected". Times Of India. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- Staff writer (July 10, 2013). "Betwa drowning case: Warden admits to negligence". Times of India. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- [The Telegraph, Calcutta India, December 15, 2009 [http://www.telegraphindia.com/1091215/jsp/northeast/story_11860193.jsp The Telegraph, Calcutta India, December 15, 2009]] Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- MVM Hyderabad Website
- MVM Faculty List Archived 2013-01-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Achievements". Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Hyderabad. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- MSE Chennai Homepage
- MSE Chennai running under MSS
- MSE Chennai
- Assam Times, Low Cost Candle, Jayanta Kumar Das, January 23, 2010 Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Telegraph, Calcutta, December 29, 2009
- CBSE Practice and Tests
- Central Chronicle, India Would be Superpower by 2010, Pratiska Kshirsagar, January 13, 2010,[permanent dead link]
- The Hindu, DRDO Developing Acoustic Sensor
- "Shifting of school protested", Times of India, May 16, 2011
- "Programme" The Telegraph, Calcutta India, June 9, 2011, Retrieved March 18, 2012
- "TIME 100 Persons Of The CenturyClass six student heads to Mumbai for India Spells 2012". The Times of India. February 27, 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- [Ekikrat web site [http://ekikrat.in/Maharishi-Vidya-Mandir Ekikrat web site]] Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
- Maharishi's Programmes In India web site Archived 2010-12-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- "U-13 cricket" Snippets, The Telegraph, March 2010
- "Maharishi Vidya Mandir H.S.S." Young World, The Hindu, December 29, 2009
- "Pradhan, Rishideep bag chess title" Assam Tribune Online, May 17, 2011
- "Young World, Reaching for the Stars" The Hindu, November 30, 2009
- "Safura cultural centre inaugurated" Hindustan Times August 27, 2010
- "Maharishi lends a helping hand". The Hindu. 18 December 2015. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Official MVM Schools Facebook Page