Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Shri Kalyan Singh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor (DR.) Vijay Shrimali|
|Location||Ajmer, Rajasthan, India|
Since inception the university has conducted the examination of nearly 1,500,000 students in colleges throughout the state. In 1990, the history, political science, zoology, botany and mathematics departments were founded; in 1991 courses in environmental technology, microbiology and laboratory technology and instrumentation were started. In 1993, after transferring to a new campus, the courses of food and nutrition, applied chemistry, management studies and computer applications were created, offering M. Sc., MBA, postgraduate (PG) diploma and Ph.D. programmes.
The university started a PG programme in environmental science in 1998 and PG programmes in botany, zoology, business economics, commerce, population studies, history, political science and computer science in 2000. The founder Vice Chancellor of the University was Prof Rambali Upadhyaya,a renowned Management teacher who was previously teaching management students at the University of Rajasthan.
There are 24 teaching departments: history, political science and public administration, economics, botany, zoology, pure and applied chemistry, environmental studies, remote sensing and geoInformatics, foods and nutrition, microbiology, computer applications, population studies, commerce and management studies, law, education, physical education, yoga and human consciousness, entrepreneurship & small business management, strategic studies and information sciences.
The university's campus is near the village of Ghooghra, seven kilometers from the city of Ajmer.
There are 89 government-run and private colleges affiliated with the university. These colleges are spread throughout Rajasthan. The university conducted examinations of 135,000 students for courses during the 2007-08 session.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090131083740/http://mdsuajmer.com/mdscolleges.htm. Archived from the original on January 31, 2009. Retrieved December 16, 2008. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070928063823/http://naacindia.org/Universities.asp?state=21. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved May 29, 2007. Missing or empty
- Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University
- MDSU Ajmer List of Affiliated Colleges with their Degree and Diploma Courses
- Rajasthan Education-MDS University
- To download previous year paper
|This article about a university or college in Rajasthan, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|