M. J. P. Rohilkhand University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|महात्मा ज्योतिबा फुले रुहेलखण्ड विश्वविद्यालय
|Motto||Keep moving ahead|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Mushahid Husain|
|Location||Bareilly,बरेली, Uttar Pradesh,उत्तर प्रदेश, India,भारत|
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University (MJP Rohilkhand University) (Hindi: महात्मा ज्योतिबा फुले रुहेलखण्ड विश्वविद्यालय) is a public (UP State Government University) university in Uttar Pradesh, India. More than 215 colleges are affiliated to the university and approximately three lakh students enroll every year for examinations. The university has taken an overall perspective of development plan. The university headquarters is in Bareilly with territorial jurisdiction extending over the districts of Bareilly, Moradabad, Rampur, Bijnore, Jyotibaphule Nagar, Budaun, Pilibhit, Shahjahanpur, Noida and Sitapur. The administrative block is on the outskirts of Bareilly city along Pilibhit bypass road.
MJP Rohilkhand University was established in 1975 as an affiliating university. It was carved out of the then Agra University as there was a dire need to establish a separate English medium university. Its status was upgraded to affiliating-cum-residential university in 1985 when four teaching departments were established in the campus. In 1987 three more departments were added. In August 1997, the university was renamed as Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University in the name of social reformer Mahatma Jyotiba Phule.
The university imparts non-conventional, professional and technical education through its campus, network of colleges and institutes. It has emerged as a pioneering institution Uttar Pradesh.
The university campus is spread over 206-acre (0.83 km2). The campus has an administrative building; faculty buildings; central library; multipurpose hall; four hostels for boys and girls; staff quarters for the vice-chancellor and other officers, faculty members and non-teaching staff; guest houses; a sports complex; a medical center and a temple. National Service Scheme (NSS) is an initiative taken up by university students to take part in service of humanity. It makes them aware of their social obligation. A large number of students participate in the annual NSS camps.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering(Photo)
- Electrical Engineering(Photo)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Ancient history(Photo)
- Applied Regional Economics(Photo)
- Adult Continuing Education & Extension
- Animal Science
- Plant Science
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Applied English
- Applied and Clinical Psychology
- Central LibraryCentral Library
- Applied Philosophy
- Post Graduate Diploma In Mass Communication & Electronic JournalismMedia Centre
- Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bareilly
- List of universities in India
- University Grants Commission (India)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Distance Education Council (DEC)
- Education in India