|Date built||First built - unknown|
Rebuilt - 1947
Final Rebuilt - 1987
Mahavir Mandir (Hindi: महावीर मंदिर or हनुमान मंदिर) is one of the holiest Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Hanuman, located in Patna, Bihar, India. Millions of pilgrims visit the temple every year.. Acharya Kishore Kunal is the secretary of the Mahavir Mandir Temple Trust, Patna.
As per the Patna High Court judgment in 1948 the temple exists since time immemorial. But from the scrutiny of historical facts and traditions it appears that this temple was originally established by Swami Balanand, an ascetic of Ramanandi sect in around 1730 A.D. This temple gained popularity in 1947 with large number of Hindu refugees coming to Patna after the partition of India. Subsequently, temple was rebuilt as a concrete house at same time. Even this was broken down in 1987 to make a huge marble temple. The idol of Sankat-Mochan stands in it.
Long winding queues can be seen at the temple on Saturdays and Tuesdays, the traditional worshiping days of Lord Hanuman.
Shri Mahavir Sthan Nyas Samiti
Mahavir Mandir Trusts is named Shri Mahavir Sthan Nyas Samiti(श्री महावीरस्थान न्यास समीती) and monitors working and development of temple. The Trusts also runs human welfare organization like Mahavir Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Mahavir Vaatsalya Hospital and Mahavir Arogya Hospital and several hospitals and orphanage in the agricultural and rural state of Bihar. The trust has submitted its 2008-09 budget, which is of ₹35.13 crore. Floating stone has been brought in from famous ramsetu which never sinks in water. It is there for public exhibition.
- Viraat Ramayan Mandir
- Mahavir Cancer Institute & Research Centre
- Patan Devi mandir
- Baba Garib Sthan Mandir
- "Mahavir Mandir to have its twin in Houston". Times of India. 9 July 2009.
- TNN 7 May 2008, 05.38am IST (2008-05-07). "Mandir trust submits Rs 35-cr budget - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- TNN 1 Apr 2009, 01.58am IST (2009-04-01). "Earning of Mahavir Mandir goes up to Rs 1 lakh per day - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-10. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Faizan Ahmad, TNN 2 Jan 2008, 03.49am IST (2008-01-02). "Crowds throng temples on New Year - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 December 2007. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Mahavir Mandir published an ebook on Ayodhya debate written by Acharya Kishore Kunal that was at this link www.mahavirmandirpatna.org/prakashan/ebook/bookindex.html
- Mahavir Mandir Patna official website
- History of Mahavir Mandir on "Official website Patna"
|This article about an Indian Hindu place of worship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|