|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
The biggest banayan tree (Pillalamarri), symbol of the district
|Founded by||Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI|
|Named for||Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI|
|• Body||Mahbubnagar Municipal Corporation|
|• Collector & District Magistrate||Dr. T. K. Sreedevi, IAS|
|• MLA||Srinivas Goud (TRS)|
|• MP||Jithender Reddy (TRS)|
|Elevation||498 m (1,634 ft)|
|• Density||167/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||509 001, 509002|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Sex ratio||0.973 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mahbubnagar|
|Planning agency||Mahbubnagar Municipal Corporation|
Mahabubnagar is located at  It has an average elevation of 498 metres (1633 feet). The city of Mahabubnagar is located at a distance of 98 km from Hyderabad 108 km from Kurnool and 109 km from Raichur..
At the 2011 census, Mahabubnagar had a population of 210,143. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Mahabubnagar has an average literacy rate of 82.5%, higher than the national average of 74.04.%: male literacy is 89.33%, and female literacy is 76.26%. In Mahabubnagar, 12% of the population is younger than six years of age.
Mahabubnagar has bus services by state owned TSRTC to Hyderabad, Bangalore, Gulbarga, Kurnool, Raichur, Thirupathi, Kodada, Guntur and Mumbai. It is well connected with towns in the district. It is accessible by National Highway 44 (NH 44), which connects KanyaKumari and Varanasi).
The broad gauge railway line connecting Bengaluru and Secunderabad, Chennai, Egmore, Kachiguda, New Delhi, Tirupati passes through the city. There are daily passenger trains to Hyderabad and Kurnool. Hazrath Nijamuddin and Venkatadri express are electrical trains passing through this area.
There are Four stations in Mahabubnagar: Mahabubnagar Main Station, Mahabubnagar Town Station, Yenugonda Station and Diviti Pally Station.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad is the nearest airport (approx. 65–70 km).
- Gona Buddha Reddy  - Poet and king (13th Century)
- Burgula Ramakrishna Rao – first elected Chief Minister of Hyderabad State
- Suravaram Pratap Reddy - freedom fighter and writer
- Jaipal Reddy – politician
- Kapilavai Lingamurthy - Poet and Writer
- Bulemoni Venkateshwarlu – writer and journalist
- Goreti Venkanna – writer and singer
- Ravula Chandra Sekar Reddy - politician
- Nagam Janardhan Reddy – politician
- Manda Jagannadham - politician
- Jupally Krishna Rao - politician
- Ravula Ravindranath Reddy - politician
- Revanth Reddy – politician
- K.A.Vijayaraju Utkur, Journalist & Publishers. Editor Vaarthatarangalu Telugu Daily
- "Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Mahbubnagar.html". fallingrain.com.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- C.Chandra Kanth Rao. "Encyclopedia in Telugu (Gona Buddha Reddy)". cckraopedia.blogspot.in.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mahbubnagar.|