|Elevation||262 m (860 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||HR 34|
Mahendragarh is a town and a municipal committee in Mahendragarh district in the north Indian state of Haryana. It takes only 2 hours to reach Mahendragarh and is 115.0 KM away from Gurgaon and comes under National Capital Region (India).
Mahendragarh is located at  It has an average elevation of 262 metres (859 feet). Mahendragarh district is bounded on the north by Bhiwani and Rohtak districts, on the east by Rewari district and Alwar district of Rajasthan, on the south by Alwar, Jaipur and Sikar districts of Rajasthan, and on the west by Sikar and Jhunjhunu districts of Rajasthan. It has 3 tehsils of Narnaul, Kanina And Mahendergarh ..
It is named after Maharaj Mahendra singh who was the ruler during the Mughal era. It is situated at the bank of Dohan river (which was a seasonal river),which is at the verge of extinction.
With various leading schools and colleges, Mahendragarh has become as the education hub of India. Central University of Haryana has been established in Mahendergarh having campus area of 488 acre. Mahendragarh has various engineering colleges as well. Mahendergarh is hub of international level schools with ultra modern amenities with high class of study level where students from Delhi, Rajasthan, UP, Punjab etc getting education to achieve their dreams. Mahendergarh has maximum number of education colleges in Haryana state.
As of 2011 India census, Mahendragarh had a population of 60,000. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Mahendragarh has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 57%. In Mahendragarh, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age. Hindus constitute 98% of the population.
In spite of being a district headquarters, there is no administrative office. All the relevant work is done in Narnaul. The very first guggul (Commiphora wightii) vatika (place where medicinal plants are planted) was established here.
Now many government offices have opened in Mahendragarh near Government Boys college in new Court.
According to Haryana District Gazetteers: Mahendragarh Ahirs and Rajputs form the agricultural backbone of the district. However Yaduvanshi Ahirs are in majority in the district. Election results are mainly influenced by Ahirs.
- Baba Ramdev - Yoga Guru.
- Ram Bilas Sharma - Politician(Currently Education and Transport Minister with 9 portfolios of Haryana
- Mrs. Rajesh Devi (Jila parmukh)
- Rao Tula Ram - Freedom Fighter.
- Sher Shah Suri - Fonder of Sur Empire.
- baba jairam dass temple,Pali
- Baghot dham Shiv Mandir, Baghot
- Baba Sevanand Dham, Pathera
- lord Krishna Temple, Pathera
- "Gurgaon per capita income 10 times that of Mahendragarh". Indian Express. 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Mahendragarh, Bhiwani included in NCR". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Gurgaon Mahendragarh Distance|Distance Between Gurgaon And Mahendragarh|Gurgaon Mahendragarh Road Distance|Mahendragarh Gurgaon Distance|Mahendragarh Gurgaon Driving Distance". Distancesbetween.com. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Mahendragarh
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Haryana District Gazetteers: Mahendragarh - Haryana (India) - Google Books. Books.google.co.in. 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- Haryana District Gazetteers: Mahendragarh-page-67