This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
23 January 1991 |
Mahendran (born Hyderabad, India, 23 January 1991) is an Indian film actor who works in Tamil language films. He started acting at the age of 3 and as a child actor he appeared in over 100 films in six languages, a record number for a child actor in India.
Mahendran appeared in over 100 films as a child, a record for a male Indian actor. He twice won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Child Artist, for Thaikulame Thaikulame (1995) and Kumbakonam Gopalu (1998). He also twice won the Nandi Award for Best Child Actor, for Devi (1999) and Little Hearts (2001). He also appeared on the Sun TV dance show Masthana Masthana as a participant in 2009. The actor made his breakthrough into adult films when he starred alongside Malavika Menon in Vizha (2013), directed by Barathi Balakumaran.
The film is based on the award-winning short film Uthiri, and portrays the love story of Mahendran's character Sundaram, who plays the thappu instrument at funerals, and Rakkamma (Malavika), an oppari singer. The film opened to positive reviews in December 2013, with critics praising Mahendran's lively portrayal. His first Telugu film, First Love opposite Amitha Rao released on the same day, with a low key release.
- "India book of records". 2013-04-09.
- "Master Mahendran is back with 'Vizha'". Deccan Chronicle. The Deccan Chronicle. December 18, 2013. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "master Mahendran get Nandi awards". The Hindu. 2000-12-08. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Film awards announced". The Hindu. 2000-07-18. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (2013-11-10). "Audio Beat: Vizha — Tunes that will touch a chord". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "First Look of 'Vizha'". IndiaGlitz. 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Vizha: storytelling with a difference". The Times of India. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "I had complete belief in Vizha's script: Barathi ". The Times of India. 2013-12-08. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "First Love Telugu Movie Review ". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2014-03-02.