Mahesh Raj Soni
Mahesh Raj Soni
|Died||25 February 2019|
|Known for||Thewa art|
|Children||Kalpesh Raj Soni (https://www.facebook.com/kalpeshrajsoni3)
Raghav Raj Soni (https://www.facebook.com/rrajsoni1)Tarun Raj Soni
Mahesh Raj Soni was an Indian Master Craftsman specialising in the traditional art of Thewa, a Rajasthani jewellery making tradition using glass and gold leaves and is one of the surviving exponents of the art form which has roots in Pratapgarh, Rajasthan. He is a member of Rajasthan Thewa Kala Sansthan and has featured in the Limca Book of World Records in its 2011 edition. Soni, who is a cancer survivor, was honoured by the Government of India in 2015 with Padma Shri, the fourth highest Indian civilian award.
ln order to preserve and bring recognition to Thewa art, Shri Rajsoni secured Geographical indication Registry from the Govt. of india. He was working as a member, Vice-President and treasurer of Rajasthan Thewa kala sansthan. He brought fame to the art by not only working on the age-old designs, but also by creating new designs. To promote and propagate the Indian Handicraft, He was given the opportunity to conduct exhibition for displaying his art work in South Africa and Sri Lanka in year 2012 and 2011 respectively.
Mahesh Raj Soni was Founder of Thewa Store ( Known as thewastore.com) and He had a dream to support and promote all the Indian handcraft and handloom from one destination, So he created Thewastore in 2015.
His younger son Er. Kalpesh Raj Soni is a Software Engineer and as a Co-Founder of Thewa Store he Created and developed Website and entire social presences, he visited 15 countries to Promote Thewastore on International Platform with the help of his younger brother Raghav Rajsoni and cousins.
Shri Rajsoni has participated in many state level and other handicraft exhibition held in Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Kota and Jodhpur organised by Govt. of India. He has also participated in the International Trade Fare held in Pragati Maidan New Delhi in 1982. He has also visited Sri Lanka and South Africa in order to propagate this art form.
Shri Rajsoni belonged to a joint family business , to meet the Ongoing Demand and supply of Thewa Artefacts, After his Demise on 25-Feb-2019, his business operates from 4 location across country viz HQ - Jaipur ( Rajasthan), Ahmedabad ( Gujarat) Mumbai ( Maharashtra ) and Pratapgarh city (Raj.).
Tarun Rajsoni (Son), Er. Kalpesh Raj Soni (Son) and Raghav Rajsoni (Son) looks after their Ahmedabad and Jaipur Outlet, while Nirmal Rajsoni (Younger brother) & Pawan Rajsoni (Nephew ) looking after their outlet in Pratapgarh (Raj.)
Harshit Raj Soni ( Nephew) is involved into Creative designs and he is Promoting Business from Mumbai.
Er. Kalpesh Raj Soni His Son is involved into CSR Activity as well through the Vision of Padmashri Mahesh Raj Soni Foundation and supporting local Artist for their Livelihood. He is working like a Revivalist for Thewa Art after his Software engineering Degree, he involved himself for Family art work.
After his death on 25 February 2019, his Elder Tarun Rajsoni, Er.Kalpesh Raj Soni and Raghav Rajsoni are carrying on the legacy of art work transferred by their father and grandfather. Currently the family of Rajsoni have 4 places to display their artwork Pratapgarh, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
In recent interview with his son Raghav rajsoni, he said that the business is still in joint family and it helps them to keep the production high and innovate new designs. He said he keeps on attending exhibitions in various part of the country to bring awareness towards this art work. And increase the reach of this Art.
ln order to preserve and bring recognition to Thewa art, Shri Rajsoni secured Geographical indication Registry from the Govt. of india. He was working as a member, Vice-President and treasurer of Rajasthan Thewa kala Sansthan. He brought fame to the art by not only working on the age-old designs, but also by creating new designs. To promote and propagate the Indian Handicraft, He was given the opportunity to conduct exhibition for displaying his art work in South Africa and Sri Lanka in year 2012 and 2011 respectively.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rajsoni has been honoured with awards such as.
1) Padma Shri award 2015 (4th highest civilian award in India)
2) Bharat Gaurav Award in British parliament London. 2018
3) National Award for Master Craftsmen By president of India in 2008
4) State Award for Master craftsmanship in Year 1984
5) International award by South African Govt. In year 2012
6) International award for handicraft by Govt. Of Sri Lanka in Year 2011.
- "Padma Shri award is an honour for me, says Thewa Art expert Mahesh Rajsoni". News18. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "YouTube video". YouTube. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Rajasthan's 'Thawa Art' gets rare honour". IBN Live. 16 June 2014. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Artisan Gilt". Artisan Gilt. 2015. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "India Mart". India Mart. 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Gaurav Porwal". Gaurav Porwal. 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "India jewel Mart". India jewel Mart. 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Economy Lead". Economy Lead. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "DNA". DNA Syndication. 19 February 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Padma Awards". Padma Awards. 2015. Archived from the original on 26 January 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2015.