She wrote more than 600 songs in a 25-year career. Her vocal style has been compared to that of Joan Armatrading and Tracy Chapman  She also gave lectures around New Zealand about the use of music and creativity to boost learning and self-esteem, and was an adult literacy tutor, writer and poet.
- 1985 Clothesline Conversation
- 1987 I'm Going Home
- 1996 Mahinarangi
- 1997 Te Ripo
- 2002 Hei Ha!
- 2002 Touring (With Charlotte Yates)
- 2005 The Mongrel in Me
- "Mahinarangi Tocker: Singer from the heartland". Dominion Post. 2008-04-24. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- Kiran Dass (October 2005). "The Mongrel in Mahinarangi". NZ Musician Magazine. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- "Musician Mahinarangi Tocker dies age 52". New Zealand Herald. 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- GayNZ.com (April 2008). "Singer/songwriter Mahinarangi Tocker dies". GayNZ.com. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- "New Year honours list 2008". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
|This article on a New Zealand singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|