Tocker wrote more than 600 songs in a 25-year career. Her vocal style has been compared to that of Joan Armatrading and Tracy Chapman. She also gave lectures around New Zealand about the use of music and creativity to boost learning and self-esteem, and was an adult literacy tutor, writer and poet.
- 1985 Clothesline Conversation
- 1987 I'm Going Home
- 1996 Mahinarangi
- 1997 Te Ripo
- 2002 Hei Ha!
- 2002 Touring (With Charlotte Yates)
- 2005 The Mongrel in Me
- "Mahinarangi Tocker: Singer from the heartland". Dominion Post. 24 April 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Kiran Dass (October 2005). "The Mongrel in Mahinarangi". NZ Musician Magazine. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- "Musician Mahinarangi Tocker dies age 52". New Zealand Herald. 15 April 2008. Retrieved 16 April 2008.
- GayNZ.com (April 2008). "Singer/songwriter Mahinarangi Tocker dies". GayNZ.com. Retrieved 19 April 2008.
- "New Year honours list 2008". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
|This article on a New Zealand singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Māori people of New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|